Chapter 2_ Beginning

Rainy summer morning. I liked rainy and cool days, but in summer it was unacceptable. For the second week in a row? Give me a warm summer again!

Kiara sat in her room, on the bed, and watched the heavy raindrops hitting the window, making the landscape behind it merge into one mess.

There was no training at Hazel's this week. I don't know why, but I heard a little that the cat was not feeling well and that she had a lot of work to do. Meanwhile, each of us was at home, or we used to meet with friends from time to time.

Third person's pov

Someone knocked on the door, making the fox snap out of her thoughts.

"Sis?" Nora's face appeared from behind the door.

The marble fox greeted her in a friendly manner and asked how things were going on this gloomy day.

"Everything is fine," the sibling quickly said: "Kaden told me that he is ready."

Both went down to the first floor. Kiara was immediately greeted by Kaden's tight hug and a small kiss on the cheek.

"Where have you been?" The red marble fox laughed, rubbing Kia's hair a little: "are you ready?"

She removed his hand from her head and nodded.

Kiara's pov

I watched Kaden run outside in the rainy weather to put our bags in the trunk. Later Soren also helped.

"Everything is ready. We can go." The boy smiled warmly.

We both said goodbye to our parents and siblings. Mother hugged me and Kaden tightly. Father just rubbed our heads.

"Take care of each other, brother and sister," Mia, trying not to cry, hugged us: "we'll miss you."

Soren put his nose to my forehead in a friendly way and, like Nora, wished me luck on the journey.

"Be careful, my children. Take care and protect each other." Mother sighed heavily.

Before we got into the car and drove away, I heard Nora's quiet voice, "I think something bad is going to happen..."

Well, and so the journey began. The road was long and tiring, in my opinion. On the way from home, we picked up our teammates - Zoe and Nikolas.

Before we took the timberwolf with us, I noticed that a bunch of brothers was standing near him.

Jeez, how have they not bombed each other yet and how could a mother put up with so many kids?

Anyway, later another car appeared behind us, where there was Claire, Oliver, Amber, and Aiden.

You're probably wondering where we're going, right?
Well, since we have a day off, we decided to go on a trip for a week, far away from Ashil. It was my first trip with friends.

"Why do I have the feeling that I haven't taken something? That I will have... forgotten something?" After rummaging through my bag, I muttered.

Kaden slightly turned his head towards me and took out a power bank from his pocket.

"You mean this?" The fox smirked.

Well, if you don't have a mind on your shoulders to remember to take one of the most important things, then it's good to have someone else who always remembers and takes everything.

I thanked him and took my power bank back to me.

No matter how long the road was, we sometimes stopped at a gas tank to go to the toilet or buy something refreshing, because, as in the summer, the interior of the car was always like a real oven.

Well, at that moment the clouds no longer hid the sun...

[...]

Well, the evening came. There was no rain in this city at all. The sun had set and a pleasantly warm night had set in.

We recently arrived and settled into apartments. Later we prepared something to eat and went outside to sit under the gazebo.

Yes, it was beautiful here. A place to sit, a beautiful, tidy garden with roses, and even a pond, almost at the end of the fence.

The gazebo was illuminated with lamps that worked on solar cells.

The curtains were white, and the mosquito net was already prepared for uninvited guests.

The table was black and glazed and there were also comfortable sofas.

Fireflies flew past the grass or the pond, shining in a beautiful, emerald green color.

Grasshoppers near the bushes, in the grass, didn't stop making loud snapping and filled the silent night with their melody.

A frog jumped ashore from the pond, or onto a water lily, to rest a little and take a nap, but very soon they were all scared away by Nikolas's and Aiden's jumping into the water.

"The water is still warm!" The timberwolf said to us.

"Yes, come on in!" Aiden added as well, swimming backward.

"Thanks, but I'd rather sit here under the beautiful canopy and eat some fruits." Amber, who was eating strawberries at the moment, stated.

"C'mon guys... This is your chance to swim in the pond while it's still warm and nice!" Nikolas did not stop seducing the other friends.

But when no one really wanted to come, the boy came out of the water and came into the gazebo.

Zoe, who was sitting closest, already sensed that the wolf had something on his mind.

And so it was.

Niko took the girl in his hands and carried it to the pond. Whether she wanted it or not.

"Nikolas! I won't go swimming with the towel!" The girl screamed with laughter, but they both jumped off the board into the water.

Others, including me, laughed in amusement.

Kaden looked at me and pointed out to come to join the swim.

I was thinking for a while, but in the end, I agreed and we both joined.

Later the others also joined us.