Chapter 8_ Thank you...

Almost a week had passed since the incident.

Kiara slept in her room all this time to recover and regain her strength. She rarely went out or talked to someone.
Parents, as well as brothers and sister, came in every hour to find out how she was doing.

One evening, when everyone was mostly in their rooms, the girl wanted to go downstairs for a glass of water.

Carefully walking down the stairs, she came across both parents, overhearing a conversation that Kia didn't like.

More precisely, it crushed her heart, because she heard both of them mention an unpleasant word - an orphanage.

Black ran past her eyes, it seemed that she would immediately pass out right there.

Her eyes remained misty, tears started running down, thinking that she would lose the family she loved so much as her real one.

Yes, she thought that her parents would want to give her back to the orphanage because of what happened with the foster parents.

Father had to shoot them both to avoid hurting his kids, although he wanted to get one important piece of information from them and thanks to Kia... he didn't get it...

Wanting to run back to her room, but sobbing so loudly that her parents could hear her, she was spotted and caught.

"Kiara? What happened?" Father came to the stairs where the little one was standing.

He led the girl downstairs and told her to sit at the table.

"You..." Kiara mumbled with tears in her eyes, "you're not gonna give me back to the orphanage...?"

Both parents' eyes widened and looked at each other.

"What? Of course not, where did you get that, honey!" Father immediately denied it.

Mother grabbed the girl's hands, looking deeply into her eyes...

"We will never give you away because you are our daughter and you are one of us. We love you with all our hearts as much as your brothers and sister."

So... it was all just one big misunderstanding...?- The little fox stopped sobbing and thought to herself.

Parents came and hugged Kiara warmly, repeating the words that they love her and will never give her away.

Yes, she was very tired, and her strength hadn't returned yet, so her parents accepted the fact that the girl must have misunderstood because of her fatigue.

[...]

One Friday evening, the rest of the friends came to visit. They were welcomed with a small feast on the table.

Since Kiara was sleeping around that time, they decided to eat something while she was sleeping.

While friends were talking with Kaden's family after the meal, Aiden quietly went to Kia's room.

After lightly knocking and opening the door of the room, he saw that his friend had woken up.

Noticing the boy slowly slipping into the room, the little fox sat up and stared at her friend with wide eyes.

"Adi?..." The girl sobbed.

"Hello, Kiara." The boy quietly whispered back.

"W...what are you doing here?"

Aiden sighed heavily and took a few steps closer to Kia. But the girl herself settled deeper in the bed and further away from the fennec fox.

"I came to talk... and to apologize."

The boy came to the bed and crouched down by it, saying: "I don't know what happened to me at that moment. That morning I heard something strange outside and went to look until I found myself tied in a strange place. Then something was done to me that I couldn't longer control myself, but to do things I was told."

Adi mournfully lowered his ears and head and looked at his hands.

"I would never want to hurt you because you're one of us, Ki. Do you understand that?"

Then he looked up and looked into Kiara's tired, yet slightly thoughtful eyes.

"I'm sorry, Ki, please. I wasn't in my right mind at the time. I tried my best not to give up on the power of evil. It wasn't that easy though. That night when I brought you food and looked into your tearful eyes, I realized what I was doing and it wasn't right at all. When you and Kaden were captured, I saved you."

When Aiden was done talking and apologizing, he was hoping to get some response from Kiara, but...she stayed silent.

Didn't know what to say or was just deep in her thoughts?

The boy turned his head and, realizing the reason that the girl wouldn't want to accept his apology, wanted to leave, but then finally the fox sighed...

"I... I never thought my former parents would do something like that...," she turned her head and looked at one photo frame that had a picture of all the friendly team in it.

It was taken right on Kiara's tenth birthday.
Everyone was happy. The warm memories made the girl remember that now she has a good life with new family and friends.

Continuing to look at it, Kia smiled, "I forgive you, Adi. Although it wasn't your fault at all, it was forced on you."

The fennec fox smiled widely and hugged his friend.

"Thank you..." Aiden sobbed into Kiaras's shoulder with tears of joy...

[...]

Kiara's pov

Well, two months had already passed since the terrible incident where I had to almost lose my life because of my foster parents, who were actually a ruthless mafia.

Talking about me now, I have successfully recovered and got back on my feet.

My friend Adi and I have forgiven each other and have become better friends.

Life was getting better again.

Hazel was also back from hard work, so we were able to successfully resume training and strengthen our powers.

A few days later, Hazel invited us to go with her to Vamelly city. She had some things to do there and decided to take her friends as well!

She said that all expenses will be paid by the city's mayor and we won't have to worry about anything, except for food and some special activities.

The only problem that I had to face with Kaden was that we weren't sure that our parents would let us go after the incident.

Just in case, we had to come up with a plan to get our mother to support the trip.

We couldn't miss it! I have heard that city is great and I have to see it with my own eyes! Kaden also will be disappointed if we both get nowhere in the end.

In the evening, after training, we both managed to go to our mother and tell her everything.

We expected her to say no, but this time she sighed heavily and let us go! Even if she wasn't sure about that. It was a relief!

So after a few days, we all went to the beautiful city...

[...]

I looked out the window as we drove the long way to Vamelly's city and got a little lost in the old memories. For everything that once was.

From childhood to today. I couldn't be happier and thankful to everyone that now my life was perfect again ...

until surely the next problems would hit us all again...