Chapter 4_ We're meeting again

Kiara's pov

I don't understand what happened.
I woke up in a narrow room with a locked door.

My throat hurt a little because... because of the Lightning Bolt... Aiden caught me and used his powers on me!

Why'd he do that? What had I done to him...?

I sat up from a very uncomfortable, hard bed and flinched into a small clew. It was cold here.

I was afraid of what would happen next.
This city had the most killed animals! I didn't want to die!

How I really want to be with Kaden right now, at home and with his parents...

In this case, it would be better if we didn't go anywhere...

[...]

After half an hour someone came and unlocked the door.

I instinctively fell back into bed and pretended to be asleep. Maybe that will give me more time.

"Stop pretending you're sleeping!" Someone growled furiously in my ear, causing my eyes to pop open unconsciously.

I was scared because someone with a black cloak was standing in front of me! The muzzle couldn't be seen!

I sat back down and pressed against the wall, but the person grabbed me by the hand and said: "we have to go. Someone's waiting for you."... pulled me out of the room.
Even if I didn't want to go anywhere.

I made an Ice Spear and hit him in the head with all my strength. The person fell to the ground, unconscious.

It was my chance to run away, but unexpectedly, a couple more guards ran out of the horizon and rushed to capture me.

I couldn't escape because I was surrounded from both sides of the corridor.

I wanted to defend myself, but as soon as I created an Ice Sword and tried to hit the first guard, the others ran up behind me and grabbed me by both arms, taking the sword away.

One of them put a strap around my neck.

At that moment I didn't understand what happened. I was so desperate.

I felt like my heart would burst out of my mouth or I would lose consciousness again due to stress.

I was taken to another room. I couldn't wait for them to let me go, because the guards squeezed my hands thoroughly.

In front of me stood two foxes that had been seen somewhere... Iceland and Gray fox...

I couldn't remember who they are for a long time until finally I remembered the terrible scenes and my eyes widened in shock...

"Well hello dear. Long time no see." The Iceland fox greeted with an evil grin.

They were my first foster parents I got to spend two whole shitty months with and serve them...

"What do you want from me? I am no longer your foster daughter! You are forbidden to come near me!" I yelled angrily when the guards let me go.

Now I stood shivering in front of the two foxes.

They laughed so hard.

"If my parents find out what happened to me and that you kidnapped me, they'll find me and kick your dumb ass! You don't know who my father is! You better not play games with him." It was as if I gathered courage and crossed my arms.

But that was not enough...

"You really thought that your new parents would be able to protect you from us? That they would love you as much as their own child?" The Iceland fox came closer and walked around me, whispering in my ear: "You are an orphan and no one needs you. Just to get good money for providing."

I just stood there like I was frozen.

The words pierced my heart like an arrow and began to strangle me. I didn't like to hear that.

With tears in my eyes, I looked into the eyes of the two villains and shouted: "It's not true! They love me! And they will do everything so that I feel happy with them!"

"Really," the woman peeked sideways, smiling slyly: "then let's see how much you're worth to them. Will they even come after you?"

Then she went a few steps back and told the guards to take me away.

My shocking cries with endless questions about what they will do with me were ignored by no one and very soon the doors of their rooms slammed shut and I was led further into the unknown...

Kaden's pov

I walked restlessly around the room, lost in thoughts with Amber.

If my parents find out that something has happened to Kiara, they will consider me irresponsible because I can't take care of my sist..- friend.

How could I let that happen... I'm wondering how is Kia doing now and what will happen next? How we will find her?

"I can't believe Aiden is against us." I suddenly heard Amber muttering.

Zoe and Claire tried to comfort her. My dudes looked so shocked and lost from reality.

"We have to look for clues and think about where they might be. A place... where no one else would set foot. Where it would be good for them to hold victims without anyone even knowing." Zoe wondered.

"Maybe some old, abandoned building, a laboratory, a sanatorium... I don't know." Nikolas threw out a few options.

"Well, I might know some abandoned buildings in this town that would make a good base." Oliver thought.

"Yeah, maybe we'll find them there too. They couldn't be hidden anywhere deep." The Siamese cat- Claire added as well.

"Then what are we waiting for! We have to go find Kiara and save her!" Suddenly I intervened in the conversation of my friends and shouted loudly.

They all looked at me as if I had forgotten something.

"And Aiden...yeah."