Chapter Nine

The doorbell rang, again. I had fallen asleep after a long cry and when I looked at my alarm clock, and read the time. It was 6:30. I had been asleep for an hour and a half. I pulled myself out of my bed and made my way towards the door, whoever this was better have a good excuse for waking me up.

I opened the door to see Jade and Jess standing there with a box of chocolates and a big tub of ice cream. I smiled at them, and they jumped on me, hugging me with all their strength.

"Feeling any better?" Jess asked.

"No, not really. Jason came around here like an hour ago saying that he wanted to talk to me, and I yelled at him and shut the door on his face." I said, smiling, proud of myself. They started laughing.

"Good girl," Jade said. They both came in and went straight to my room, opening my wardrobe.

"What are you doing?" I asked, sniffling.

"We're picking you a dress, you're going to get ready and we're going out!" they said. This is why they were my best friends; no matter when or what, they would always go out of their way to put me in a good mood. I chuckled and sat on my bed, watching them pick me a dress. I heard the front door open, and Mum came into my room. Oh great, how was I going to tell her this one.

"Oh, hey girls!" She said. "Sarah, what's wrong?"

"She walked in Jason's supply room and he was sucking face with some slut, and now we're taking her out and she's sleeping over mine, okay?" Jade said, which would be fine. My mum was like a second mum to both Jade and Jess.
Mum gasped, and didn't know what to say. She came and sat on my bed next to me, and gave me a huge hug.

"Don't worry, everything will turn out fine. I'll talk to Luke about it all and see what this is all about." Mum said in my ear. She broke out of the hug, then kissed my head. "Where do you girls plan on going, anyway?"

"Out to dinner, then we're meeting up with Luke and partying," Jess said, smiling. If this were any other school night, mum wouldn't let me.

"Okay girls, stay safe, alright?"

"Okay muuuum" we all said at the same time.

"I can't go out looking like this!" I exclaimed, looking in the mirror after getting changed into a nice black tight, dress that stopped mid-thigh. It was strapless and one of my favourites. "My eyes are all red, and I look like shit!"
"Oh, please Sarah, you always look beautiful!" Jade said, and I couldn't help but smile. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and applied some foundation, mascara, a thin line of eyeliner, and some eyeshadow. I out my black high heels on, and grabbed my clutch. Jade was in a light pink dress that stopped just above her knee, and Jess was wearing a strapless purple dress.

As none of us have our licence, mum dropped us off at a big, lovely Chinese restaurant. We hopped out, and I gave mum a kiss on the cheek.

Dinner was fun, and we were talking about things that had nothing to do with Jason, whcih helped me get Jason out of my head. At 9:00, Luke picked us up from the restaurant and took us to a club. He knew the bouncer, so we got in easily. We sat on a comfy lounge, enjoying the music.

"Girls, these are my mates Mark and Simon," Luke said, and we all looked up. They were both pretty cute, and looked about 19. Jade and Jess giggled, and I smiled at them and introduced myself to them.

"Wait, Sarah, as in, Jason's girlfriend?" Mark asked after I gave him my name. Wow, this got awkward.

"Now ex-girlfriend," I said, letting out a small frown.

"WHAAAAT?!" He said, completely shocked. "No way! When did this happen?"

"Thi- This morning." I said, holding back my tears. He didn't bother asking, and just pulled me in a big hug. I just managed to hold back the tears, when Jade pulled me away from Mark.

"Let's go dance!!" She said with a huge grin on her face.

"Okay" I said, taking her hand and she pulled me towards the dance floor where Simon, Luke and Jess were. We started dancing, and before I knew it, it was already midnight. I had already drunken so much and I was all over the place. The more I thought about him, the more I drank. In other words, I drank a LOT.