Confessions and Fear of Rejection

You stayed with Angel for over an hour, trying to cheer him up at all costs. Eventually, you and Angel decided it would be best to tell Husk and Charlie.

"I'm sorry, Husk." Angel sobbed into Husk's chest as the cat-demon stroked the fluff on his head. 

"Don't worry, you shouldn't be the one apologising, Valentino should be." Husk growled at his name. 

When Angel and Husk went back to their room for some alone time, it left you and Charlie. "So, how are you planning on telling Vaggie?"

"Well, I- I don't know." she put her head in her hands, "I'm hopeless."

"Not as hopeless as me, you saw how I got earlier... that was for a similar reason to you."

"Wait, you do like someone?!" Charlie shot up and dragged you to her room, "Who?"

You were slightly frazzled by how fast the girl was but soon was fine. "Guess."

"You totally fancy Alastor don't you!" 

You got flustered after she said his name, all you could imagine was his silky, slightly sexy voice surrounded by radio static, his fluffy ears and his smile. "A bit."

"A bit? You almost died earlier when he whispered in your ear, what did he say?"

'Sweetheart~'

You shook your head, blushing bright red, "N-nothing."

She raised an eyebrow, clearly not believing you. "Anyway, can you give me any ideas?"

You nodded and gave her every bit of dating advice you had, which was not surprisingly, barely any. You both left and went to go find Vaggie. And sooner than you expected, you found her.

"Hey." You acted as calm as you could, knowing that there was a 50-50 chance Charlie would be crying tonight. 

"Hi." She left the front desk and waved at you and Charlie, "What's up?"

Charlie started getting nervous, "Uh... I just wanted to..." she glanced to you.

'Breathe' You mouthed and smiled at her, she looked back to Vaggie who was a little anxious herself- unusual for her a she was usually the one telling everyone to chill. "Vaggie, I've known you for ages and I was wondering, w..."

Charlie mumbled profanities under her breath, "Vaggie, will you go out with me." she winced, afraid of her reply.

"Charlie, I've been waiting for that for almost a year." she ruffled her hair and grinned, blushing. "Of course."

You'd never seen anybody so happy in your entire life and death. You went to leave when you felt Charlie's arms wrap around your back, "Thank you, Y/N.