Unlucky or Lucky

"Morning darling, can you guess what day it is?" Alastor leant over you and toyed with your hair, purring softly. It was a strange quirk for a deer to purr, but it was kind of adorable. 

"No, what?"

"It's your 13th day in the hotel! And its's also Friday the 13th!"

You pulled a blanket up over your face, "Of course it fucking is..."

He shot up, quite surprised, you just realised he'd never heard you swear. "I thought angels didn't curse?" He ran his fingers through his hair and chuckled.

"Well, when you're married to a prick like I am, you sort of give in to breaking that stupid fucking rule."

You both went downstairs and were greeted with the scent of sweet, maple-syrup soaked pancakes. You sat down between Charlie and Husker, tucking your wings in to avoid hitting Husk's. "Mornin' Husk."

He nodded and looked to Angel next to him, who was typing away on his phone. "Angel, mornin'."

Angel grunted in reply, glanced up from his phone, smiled, then continued texting somebody. "Seriously, at least I said something." Husk grumbled, "Fuckin' millennials."

"Old man."

"Y/N, can you move across a bit- your wings are really close to mine." Husker tucked his wings in as you shifted a few inches toward Charlie, accidentally slapping her in the face with the pearly-white feathers.

Charlie squeaked, "AH, Y/N, OW!"

"Sorry, Charlie," you stood up and left to sit away from the others at Husk's bar. "It ain't my day for luck..."

Niffty took all the plates away within seconds of you sitting down, "Niffty, I was eating that!" you sighed as she ran out of the room with a tower of half-eaten pancakes. You growled.

"That kid sometimes." Husk sat beside you and sighed.

His wing wacked you in the jaw as he leant over to grab a drink. "Isn't it a bit early to be drinking?"

"Never." He said hitting you with his tail, hard, in the chest, "Huuuuuuuuuusk. Watch where you're swinging that tail of yours, fuckin' hell."

He coughed up a mouthful of what looked like orange juice, but smelt like eggs, bad eggs. "I've never heard an angel swear."

"You've met other angels?"