CSR: WHEN THE DEAD TALKS

Crystaliqueeen's Soukoku Realm Presents:

WHEN THE DEAD TALKS

Chuuya bought a second hand phone only to receive a series of mysterious voice and text messages from an unknown man. Those messages are meant for Odasaku, and with those messages, Chuuya witnesses how the person from the other line's voice are filled with sorrow and sincere emptiness. Who is it? He doesn't know. All he knows is he's slowly getting himself care for that unknown sender and he messed up when he replied one time to the person with the words, "I'm proud of you."

~•~•~•~•~•

It's 2:00 am past midnight when Chuuya's phone lit up. The redhead groans a little as he dizzily gets his phone from the table beside his bed. This phone is actually a second-hand, temporary one. It was sold to him by one of his co-worker in the packaging factory. His co-worker told him that the phone is also sold to him by someone else, and he doesn't want the phone since it's a little creepy.

And so, since Chuuya's still saving up for a brand new phone in his defense plus his previous phone is accidentally thrown away from his pocket while he's driving his motorcycle, he decided to just buy a temporary phone for important matters while he doesn't have one. He just bought it earlier and hasn't really opened the phone yet since he charges it first. He fell asleep and was awakened by a sudden voice message from his phone. Chuuya lazily plugs the charger off and gets his phone with a little confusion. He just bought it so basically, he doesn't have any contacts in this phone yet.

Unknown sent a voice message.

Who would even send a voice message this late at night?

Chuuya immediately checks the sender's name but it's unregistered so, even when he's still half-sleepy, he clicks the voice message and he freezes up from where he's laying down when he hears a soft voice from the other line. The voice is gentle and deep, genuine emotions are visible from the voice— emotions that Chuuya can't quite grasp. It is filled with longing, and sadness, yes, chilling sadness that can almost resemble sorrows can be heard from the voice, and it makes Chuuya's throat run dry as he listens to the single voice message that receives.

"Odasaku, how have you been? I know you won't be able to hear this message but I tried cooking a spicy curry earlier— it is your favorite, isn't it? I was thinking maybe I should have cooked boiled tofu instead. Although, I'm afraid I might bump my head on the tofu's corner once it hardens and it isn't the best way to die. You would believe me when I'd say that my head wound is from the tofu... you would agree with me, right? Right now, maybe it is the tofu's fault or the taste of the curry. The breeze of the night is too cold, and it's very silent. The room feels so small and suffocating. No matter how I curl up, the silence is too loud and I can barely close my eyes and rest. I can try, but I know I'll fail. Indeed, maybe it's because of the curry, Odasaku. Maybe the curry tastes terrible, and that's the reason why... no matter how I try... I-I can't sleep tonight."

Chuuya blinks innocently as the voice message ends. He checks the phone to see if there are any other messages but there's none. The message inbox is clear and maybe the previous owner of the phone cleaned it all up. With a silent exhale, Chuuya puts the phone back on the side table and unknowingly, his drowsiness vanishes for a while. He doesn't know why the person's voice in the other line sounds very... calm and sorrowful while talking about those things. Despite how stupid bumping into the corner of a hardened tofu sounds, the person talking about it seems like he finds the topic very sentimental. Chuuya stares at the ceiling for a while as he tries not to dwell into it. Maybe it's just the wrong number?