acknowledgements.

This book wouldn't exist without the people in my life who kept me afloat while I was drowning in grief. All who deserve a huge thank you.

First, to my very own Olivia and Hannah: the real girls who took turns on an inflatable mattress. You two are the most special people in my life. You're not only my best friends but the reason I believe soulmates are platonic. I have no doubt that you both came into my life for a reason. We would find each other in every multiverse - I'm sure of that. Thank you for the unconditional love and support you gave me at my worst. Thank you for still being there for me to this day. This book wouldn't exist without you both.

To my dad and my brother. How you carry yourselves everyday makes me proud to be a part of this family. We have shared immense grief and still came out of the other side, as better people. I wouldn't be as strong as I am now if it wasn't for you two. It's us three against the world. I hope you both take comfort in knowing that.

Lastly, my mother in heaven. Thank you for fighting to stay with us for seven long years. You didn't deserve the cards you were dealt. You were too good for this earth. I hope you and granny are looking after each other up there. You both shaped me into the woman I am today, and I hope you'd be proud of me.