Chapter 6

Micheal cringes in his sleep , as Sam invades his room from their bathroom . 

Sam : Micheal , come on . It's already one clock in the afternoon  . 

Sam yanks the blinds open . 

Micheal : Go away . 

Sam : You're supposed to watch me and entertain me , and make me appreciate the brief but happy years of childhood . 

Micheal : Entertain yourself. 

With that Micheal covers his self up and falls back asleep . Sam and Nanook sneak peaks into Grandpa's taxidermy room . Grandpa is hand working ,  but Sam doesn't dare go inside. Sam and Nanook check over Grandpa's old pick truck parked in the back yard filled with fencing materials; posts rails and boards. Sam looks at Nanook and huffs . 

Sam : Nanook...This is my life:I come from a broken home . My mother works all day while my brother sleeps all day . And grandpa , who is possibly an alien , stuffs Chipmonks. 

Then he notices the weed garden next to it .Running into the kitchen , he comes back with a book of matches . Breaking off a leaf , he rolls it and is just about to light it when grandpa's voice makes him choke . 

grandpa : Whatcha doin'? 

Sam hides the evidence . 

Sam : Grandpa stop doing the Indian walk. 

Grandpa : Gotta keep in practice . It's a dyin' art . 

Sam : Good!

Grandpa : What were you doing? 

Sam : Oh I was just having a look at your truck what's all that wood and other stuff? 

Grandpa sighs and looks at the truck with the wood. 

Grandpa : Been fixing to build me a fence one of these days. Bought all that stuff , then put it off for about ten years . Well one more day won't hurt ,  wanna go to town . 

Sam : Great , I want some new comics . 

They walk to the garage , A classic 1957 Chevy in cream puff condition . Grandpa takes down an old coffee can from the tool bench and fishes out the car keys from inside . 

Grandpa : Get in . 

Sam slides into the car.Grandpa climbs in and starts the car and it turns on like a dream . 

Grandpa : You hear that Sam you got to let her warm up a bit. Just like a baby pussycat , okay let's go to town . 

So saying , he turns the car off , Sam looks at his grandpa shocked while he gets out of the car and puts the keys back into the coffee can . Then he turns to Sam who was still sitting in the car.

Grandpa: Are we having fun or what? 

Sam I thought we were going to town. 

Grandpa : I hate going into town. That is as close to town as I like to get . 

Micheal , looking very drawn and wearing sunglasses , stands before his barbells . He pumps them once , but can't get through the second rep. Tired he drops them down . Sam is in the kitchen looking through the refrigerator . Micheal walks in from the porch and plops down in a chair . 

Sam : What did you do last night? You look wasted . 

Micheal : I can't remember much after the Chinese food looked like maggots . 

That takes care of Sam's hunger . 

Sam : You don't think Grandpa is an alien , do you? 

Micheal : What would that make mom? 

Sam : You're right . Not even to mention you and me . 

Nanook comes up to Micheal and licks the bottoms of his bare feet . 

Micheal : Beat it , Nanook . 

But the dog keeps licking his feet . 

Micheal : Sam . Make him stop . 

Sam pulls Nanook away. Then he takes a closer look at Micheal's feet . 

Sam : Did you spill something ? 

Micheal : No , Why? 

Sam : The bottoms of your feet are covered with salt. 

Micheal gets up from the table and starts to leave the room . 

Micheal : I told you it was pretty weird Chinese food. 

Sam : Wanna go to the comic book store ? 

Micheal : No . 

It was in mid afternoon Sam was at the comic book store , looking around when he saw the frog brothers at work as usual . They exchange glares and Sam walks to a section he likes .

Alan : How do you like Santa Carla?

Sam : It's a pretty cool place if you're a Martian . 

Edger : Or a vampire . 

Sam : Are you guys sniffing old news paper prints or something? 

Edger : You think you're cool , don't you ? you think you know what's really happening , don't you? Well , you don't know shit , buddy . 

Alan : Yeah, you think we just work in a comic book store for our dad , huh? 

Sam : This isn't a comic book store , right . It's a bakery . 

Edger : This is just our cover . We're dedicated to a higher purpose . 

Sam : Now I get it...you're like those people in the airport trying to get them money . You're part of a cult . 

Alan : We are fighters of truth, justice, and the American way. 

Sam : you better get some fresh air . 

Edger : Hey , man , take this . It's on the house 

He hands him a comic called Destroy all vampires. 

Sam : I don't like horror comics . 

Alan : Think of this more as a survival manual.There's our number on the back , and prey that you never call us . 

Sam : I'm gonna pray that I never need to call you.