Wattpad Original
There are 34 more free parts

Chapter Thirteen

"Alright, what's my middle name?" Zoe leans against the high top table, arms crossed in a way that forces her tits up, and her mischievous grin tells me she knows exactly what she's doing

"Alright, what's my middle name?" Zoe leans against the high top table, arms crossed in a way that forces her tits up, and her mischievous grin tells me she knows exactly what she's doing. Zoe likes getting a rise out of me, and I like giving it to her just as much. She brings out a fun, playful side of me I haven't seen in years, and it feels good. Better than good, actually. Not only am I getting to know Zoe, I'm going to know myself again, too.

We're five drinks in at the little dive bar we ducked into, and she's gotten more daring with every sip. It's like I can almost see her guard dropping right in front of me. The concert was canceled, and we should have left hours ago, but neither one of us wants the night to end. That's why we've been sitting here playing this stupid twenty questions game, but I'm not complaining. Every moment I spend with her just keeps getting better, and I feel like I could do this all night.

Zoe's proud of herself. She thinks she's stumped me with a question I'll never guess. Her rain-soaked hair is almost dry, and she keeps trying to tuck it behind her ear, but it's no use—her curls are wild and beautiful. The alcohol makes her cheeks rosy red and her confidence soar, and I almost want to let her win. Almost.

Before our date, I did a little research on Zoe, and I've got this one in the bag, but she's not the only one who likes to play a little.

"Is it Elizabeth?" I furrow my brow, really selling the act.

She giggles, shaking her head. Her ankle brushes against mine underneath the table, and instead of moving away, she keeps it there, intertwining our legs.

"Renee?" I bite back the smirk I so badly want to give.

"How did you guess that??" Zoe's eyes widened, a sweet little pout settling on her lips when she realizes she's been beat.

I can't even relish in the victory, though, because she's too cute to lie to. One look into those big doe eyes and I'm ready to spill my guts to the girl.

"I have a confession to make." Am I actually about to admit this to her? I slam the rest of my beer, leaning forward. "I did a little research about you before our date. Zoe Renee Parker. Youngest of three girls. Born November 27, 1995 in Scottsdale, Arizona."

Zoe clicks her tongue. "You Facebook stalked me?"

"Hey, it could have been worse. I have friends on the police force and Brooks suggested I do a background check."

"Brooks... right. The man-whore friend with the gold star dating advice." She twirls a curl in his fingertips, angling her head to the side.

I don't even bother to correct her because her appraisal of him is pretty spot on. "Brooks can be a lot, but he's my best friend. You won't find a guy that has your back like he does."

"Is he on your team?"

I nod. "We came through the academy together. He's the one who pulled the guy out of the enclosure that day at the zoo. I promise, he's a lot better in person than I'm making him sound."