16.

hey! i may skip a few wednesdays of posting chapters since school has started and i am in pretty much all advanced classes, as well as extracurriculars that will take up a lot of time. please be understanding of that, but i will try to continue updating weekly!

as welcome to new york started playing, the digital screen infront of nova showed lights, looking like new york city during the nighttime.

the crowd was cheering loudly, and taylor was still not to be seen on the stage.

suddenly, taylor was brought up onto stage. "welcome to new york," the blonde sang, the digital screens flashed brightly.

nova watched her girlfriend from the audience, watching her dramatically bring the mic down, and back up to her mouth again as she sang.

the crowd continued cheering, everyone in the stands incredibly big fans of the star performing.

taylor was wearing white sunglasses, a sequin jacket, a black cropped-top, and a holographic purple skirt, along with her iconic red lipstick.

the lights shined on taylor, so nova could see her more clearly. the brunette screamed loudly from the ground level, watching the woman with admiration.

taylor began singing the first song on her track list, smiling and waving at the audience.

nova was right next to andrea, in the vip area on the ground floor.

"walkin' through a crowd, the village is aglow," taylor began singing, doing her choreography as well.

"kaleidoscope of loud heartbeats under coats," her iconic voice rang through the outsold stadium, nova standing, but using crutches as a precaution.

"everybody here wanted somethin' more," the blonde continued singing, occasionally taking a look at her partner in the audience.

"searching for a sound we hadn't heard before," taylor sang into the microphone, looking at the outsold stadium proudly.

"and it said welcome to new york!" she began singing the chorus to the first song on the track list, as nova sang along.

"it's been waiting for ya, welcome to new york, welcome to new york." the taller woman kept singing from the stage.

as the blonde looked at her girlfriend periodically, as well as her mother, she kept singing the first song from her first pop-album.

"it's a new soundtrack, i can dance to this beat, beat, forevermore!"

taylor blew a subtle kiss to nova, the brunette catching it with her hand and bringing it to her heart.

nova was going to stay in the dressing room like taylor had begged her to do, but she wanted to support her girlfriend from the audience.

"when we first dropped our bags in apartment floors," taylor kept singing, referring to nova moving into her apartment.

taylor walked across the stage, continuing to sing. "took our broken hearts, put them in a drawer."

"everybody here was someone else before, and you can want who you want," the blonde sang, nova screaming the lyrics along.

"boys and boys, and girls and girls!" nova sang loudly, watching her girlfriend point to her in the audience and take off her sunglasses.

as the blonde kept singing, nova was dancing, accidentally bumping into andrea.

the brunette looked over to her girlfriends mother, immediately trying to apologize, but the older woman waved her off forgivingly.

"hello, and welcome to the 1989 world tour!" taylor said enthusiastically into her microphone, looking out to the audience.

she turned around, continuing. "now, we may be in beautiful sydney, australia this evening," she paused, looking out to the stands before finishing.

"but we begin our story in new york!" she had made it back to the main stage by that point, lined up next to her choreography team.

"like any great love, it keeps you guessing, like any real love, it's ever changing," taylor sang, already sort of out of breath.

as the blond sang, nova was cheering from her spot on the floor. she was so proud of the woman on that stage, and she didn't know where she would be without taylor in her life.

"but you know you wouldn't change anything, anything, anything." taylor drawled the lyrics out, looking up.

"welcome to new york!" she continued to sing, walking around the stage.

once that song had finished, taylor looked out to the crowd of the completely sold out stadium, before taking off the jacket she was wearing as 'new romantics' began playing.

taylor continued singing proudly, and after singing half of 'blank space', she talked to the audience.

"alright, sydney, i'd like to try a little experiment, are you up for it?" she asked the audience, causing everybody to scream.

"sydney!" the blonde yelled, creating a beat. "let me hear that back," she said, her own voice replaying, echoing throughout the stadium.

"and now, i'd like to tell you a very important lesson that i've learned along the way, would you like to hear it?"

the entire crowd screamed, then allowing taylor to continue.

"boys only want love if it's torture, don't say i didn't, say i didn't warn ya'."

she then sang the same lyrics, though at a different pitch, creating a harmony.

nova found it very impressive that the taller singer was able to harmonize with herself, as it was quite difficult for some people to do.

blank space continued playing, soon leading into her next few songs. taylor had many guest stars performing with her, including nick jonas, selena goner, and ellie goulding.

the blonde sang 'i knew you were trouble', then looked back at her dancers, putting her arm out.

"stop," she said in a deep, demanding voice, which nova found very attractive.

with a few cheers from the crowd, taylor continued. "go!"

about a half hour later, taylor singing her list of songs, she began saying her speech for 'clean'.

"and then, those words start to become echos in your own mind, and then, there's a real risk that those words could become a part of how you see yourself." she said, nova having to hold back tears at the woman's speech.

"the moment that you realize that you are not the opinion of somebody who doesn't know you, or care about you, that moment, when you realize that, is like you're clean."

an hour or so later, that show was over, and the two women were on their way back to the apartment they shared.

"so, how was it? you know, being on stage in front of so many people." nova asked the blonde as they drove.

"well, there was definitely a lot of people, and it was sort of nerve racking, but i love performing, and i'm happy that there were that many people in those stands."

taylor looked at nova, smiling. "you know, i really want to kiss you right now." she whispered.

"then why don't you?"