9.

AN: soooo sorry for the late update! i needed a week to focus on myself. i hope you all forgive me and enjoy this chapter! also, thank you so much for 500+ reads! it truly means a lot :)

today was the day that taylor was going to meet novas parents. it was already february, and the two woman had been dating for almost three months.

three months didn't seem like a lot, but for nova, it was a big deal. the longest relationship she'd ever had with anyone was only one month.

so, taylor and nova were both getting ready to drive to her parents home. the drive wasn't very long, so they were able to take their time getting dressed.

"nova, i have no idea what to wear!" taylor complained, looking through the closet. "just wear normal, casual clothes. they won't judge you!" nova reassured the blonde.

as taylor came out of the closet wearing an ever so-casual grey shirt and black flared pants, she looked at nova quizzically. "is this alright?"

nova laughed, shaking her head. "you're fine to wear whatever you'd like! but yes, that outfit is perfect," nova said, kissing taylor. "and it is very sexy on you." the brunette added.

"okay, okay, are you ready to leave?" taylor asked. "yes, let's go."

on the drive there, taylor was freaking out about her first impression. "i don't know if i should've picked this outfit." she muttered under her breathe.

"hey," nova said sternly, gently grabbing the blondes face to get her looking at her. "you look great. if you're that worried, we can always reschedule."

"no, i'm fine. i don't want to seem like a flake." taylor responded.

as they arrived at novas parents home, they walked up to the door and nova knocked. nova was planning on telling her parents about her sexuality, and had already talked to taylor about it.

taylor was prepared, having an nda in her purse for her parents to sign once the two women told them about their relationship.

as nova was about to knock again, an older woman, maybe in her mid to late forties opened the door.

"ahh, my baby girl!" the older woman exclaimed, grabbing nova and hugging her. "how have you been? i haven't seen you in ages!"

"hello, mom. i am doing pretty good." nova replied, motioning to taylor. "this is my roommate i've been telling you about, taylor."

taylor put out her arm to shake the woman's hand, but she shook her head. "what are we, business partners?" she asked, leaning in for a hug.

as the older woman pulled back, she introduced herself. "i'm carmen, novas mother."

taylor smiled, and her and nova walked into the home. "so, we are making grilled chicken burgers, is that alright?" carmen asked taylor, and the blonde nodded.

"that sounds amazing." taylor said. nova nodded as well, the two of them loved grilled chicken.

carmen made her way back to the kitchen to continue cooking, and nova took taylor's arm and brought her to the couch where her brother and father were watching football.

"papa?" nova said, walking up to the sofa. "hm? oh, nova!" the man said, standing up and turning around to face the two women. at that time, her brother also stood up.

her father hugged the woman, then turned to taylor. "you must be taylor. we have so much about you," he said. her brother nodded. "and i love your music!"

"thank you," taylor laughed. "i'm glad you like my music, and i hope you've heard good things about me."

nova smirked, looking at taylor. taylor was alluring. she was the sunlight on a rainy day. she was the sweet sound of birds singing in the morning as the sun rose. taylor was gorgeous. and she was novas other half.