FOURTEEN

Team Daichi - 16Team [Y/N] - 14

Team Daichi - 16
Team [Y/N] - 14

It was team Daichi's ball again. Just like before he passed it to Kageyama but this time you knew what was coming next.

You could see it in the twitch in Kageyama's hands, the slight widening of excitement in his eyes, the small shift of his body to get ready for the quick.

You, who was currently playing middle blocker, tapped Tanaka on the back and you both did a swing block to the right.

Jumping up at the same time Hinata did. You stared straight at his closed eyes and smiled before looking straight at the ball.

You watch as his body slightly turned to the right and knew he was going to be a cross shot. You swiftly shifted your arms to his aim and the ball slammed against your forearms.

Falling down back into their side just as fast as it came.

"How did you-" Hinata started but was cut off  by a also stunned Kageyama, "Your the first person so far to completely block our quick attack."

"Yay me then!" You looked over to Tanaka and smiled. "Nice job man! I told you it would work out."

He sent you a grin, "Yeah, that was sick."

"Sugawara why don't you try out middle for a bit, I'd like to set if that's okay."

You asked "Yeah sure, you are captain after all!"

You fist bump him as you changed spots in rotation.

You turned back to your team and smiled, "Let's take this game kay?"

"Yeah!"

Team Daichi - 23

Team Y/N - 24

Game point.

Finally. Throughout the game Hinata and Kageyama still used their quick attack but less. Every block you didn't get, Nishinoya received.

They realized it was becoming less effective and decided to stay unpredictable.

Kageyama had even just hit you with the most setter dump, on GAME POINT.

How proud of him you were.

Unfortunate for you it was Daichi's ball. "We got this!" Tanaka and Nishinoya said in sync. You smiled, everyone was playing their best.

You smiled at his determination. All of you guys were playing our best.

On both sides too.

Kageyama sent a very powerful serve over. You almost teared up, he's grown so much. Sugawara received it but it went off course and went flying to the coach, "SORRY!" He yelled. You nodded at Sugawara and Tanaka and ran to get the hall.

Sugawara and Tanaka both jumped up to spike the ball both on either ends of the court. You set the ball from near the sidelines, and it went straight to Sugawara. Kageyama and Tsukkishim perfectly timed their block and jumped straight up and Sugawara swung,

air.

The ball passed him and flew straight to the air bound Tanaka

SMACK

Just when it was in the perfect angle Tanaka smaked the ball powerfully, landing a line shot on Daichi's side.

Daichi's team once again looked at your team in awe. "Nice kill Tanaka!" You said and shook his shoulder in congrats.

"Nice set [Y/N]." Sugawara smiled, it was nice to win while being on the court the whole time again.

You thanked him and turned to the other team, "You guys played a good game, but..." Your eyes flickered to the scoreboard, "I guess we played better."

Tanaka hooted and Nishinoya joined in, Sugawara snickered next to them. Daichi chuckled, "I got to give that to you, that was unbelievable."

"[Y/N]-san!" Kageyama called and vowed. "Please teach me how to set that!"

Hinata looked at Kageyama bitterly and vowed too, "Gahhh teach me stuff too! You're right the decoy is cool!"

Tsukkishima scoffed.

"What don't want me to teach you how to block Kei?" You smiled.

"My block is just fine, thanks. Why would I even want to play more volleyball anyway? That's tiring."

You're smile faltered slightly at his comment but decided to put it aside for now and walk over to Hinata and Kageyama. "Sure thing guys. Why else would I be here? This weeks gonna be quite eventful."

They straightened up, pure determination burning in their eyes.

"Well this practice is already running late and the captains need time to rest, so match 2 and 3 will be tomorrow morning."

"[Y/N], let's get going." Ukai said, motioning you to come forward.

You waved it off, "No thanks, I'm staying at Daichi's, right Daichi?" You asked batting your eyelashes.

"Yeah, right." He said on the spot.

Ukai shrugged his eyebrows, "Eh? Well, don't do anything reckless."

"Keishin you idiot!"