TWELVE

IN SCHOOL DETENTION WAS A NIGHTMARE

IN SCHOOL DETENTION WAS A NIGHTMARE. No phone, no talking, no socializing with anyone even at lunch time, for literally 7 hours straight. It was prison. In fact it was so tiring, everyday after school you'd take long naps in hopes the days would go faster.

And you guess it did considering it was already the weekend. You were not able to attend morning practice which you were bummed about but decided to take Himari out for breakfast instead. You took her to see a movie afterwards and ended up going to the mall on Sunday too. You were glad you had this chance to hang out with her without worrying about anything else. You could tell she was happy too.

That Monday morning you and Mari left to go visit a childhood friend of yours. You dropped her off at your aunties house and had breakfast there catching up with her.

By the time you arrived at your friend's school it was still bright and early, meaning he should still be at morning practice.

It had been ages since you'd last been to Karasuno. Some people, who were there for their own sports, turned to stare at you while you walked to the gym. You were sure it was because of the bright blue AobaJosai tracksuit you had on but couldn't find it in you to care.

You walked in quietly to the sound of shoes squeaking, volleyballs hitting the ground, people calling for the ball, and you smiled. You missed this. Everyone was too indulged in practice to notice your presence.

You slid next to the coach on the bench. "Long time no see Keishin." You said smirking at him. Your parents and Ukai's mom had been business partners for a while so Ukai was like a family friend.

He turned to you as his eyes widen and mouth drops. "[Y/N]? What are you doing here? Wait how'd you even get here without anyone noticing? What the-"

You chuckled, "Still as chatty as ever I see. I came to see how your first team as a coach is doing. Mind if I stay and watch?" You asked.

He stared blinking at you blankly then sighed. "I shouldn't be surprised, you've always been a sneaky one. But you can only stay under one condition." He said crossing his arms.

You raised your eyebrow in response waiting for him to continue. "You have to help me coach the team for the next week. Think of it as a training camp." Your eyes sparkled as he said this. "Really!? I'd be honored." You smile, it reaching from one ear to the other.

"Ok its settled." He said but looked back at me suspiciously. You had gotten a bit too excited for his liking. He hopes he doesn't come to regret making this deal.

"But one more thing. Shouldn't you be with your team at Seijoh right now, I mean you are the captain?" He questioned, his hand on his chin. You sweatdropped, "Uh well I'm on break."

He narrowed his eyes, "Break. Yeah okay..."

"Daichi come over here!" Ukai called.

He jogged over to him, "Whats up coach?"