TWENTY

TWO WEEKS

TWO WEEKS.

It has been two whole weeks since Iwaizumi rejected you and you'd done nothing.

Iwaizumi and your friendship had been getting back on track little by little but the tension was still there.

You respect his decision but you couldn't help but feel disappointed whenever you were around him.

Was it wrong to crave more than a friendship?

You sighed a breath of relief. Practice was the only time you could get your mind off of everything, and think of nothing.

You organize your stuff and leave, getting ready to go to your locker.

Once you're there, you put all your things in your backpack and take out your gym clothes. You shut your locker, getting ready to leave until...

"Hey."

You looked up to see Iwaizumi standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"Hey Iwa...zumi. What's up?"

He smiled a bittersweet smile. "Nothing much. Do you want to walk to practice.

You smiled back at him, "Yeah sure."

And so you walked.

Truth be told, Iwaizumi felt a bit lost.

Scratch that, completely lost.

He felt like he made a mistake rejecting you. But then he didn't. Then he did...and he didn't.

Over the course of the last two weeks, Iwaizumi Hajime finally realized he messed up big time.

He wanted to tell you he regrets rejecting you. That he didn't mean he only wanted to be friends. That he's sorry for letting his stupid insecurities get in the way of what could of been.

But he couldn't. And he hated himself for that. The thought of him saying no to you made him want to break something, preferably all his bones.

He felt weak.

"Iwaizumi?!"

He turned to the center of most of his thoughts.

He didn't realize he zoned out. "Hmm?"

You looked away, embarrassed at how worried you were for him. "Oh um you just looked really out of it."

He shook his head. "I'm sorry, just thinking."

You nodded just as you arrived at the gym doors.

"Thanks for walking with me." He said softly staring at the ground.

"Thanks for asking me. I'll see you later." He nodded and you walked into the girls gym while he walked into the boys.

Something in your heart glowed. This was progress. That's good, it's something.