Part 39; After Love

I woke up and Valentino was fully awake on his phone. I went on top of him and grabbed his phone. "Good morning baby." I kissed him lightly.

"Someone woke up happy." He kissed me again.

"Well, I missed you a lot." I smiled.

"I did too." He kissed me again but someone was banging on the door. "Ugh no." He rolled his eyes.

I went off him and pulled my blanket over covering my naked body. He stood up since he had boxers on and opened the door. "What do you want Kalob?"

"Sarah is calling us downstairs, we have things to do." He looked at me and laughed closing the door.

"What things?" I asked.

"Nothing important. But I need you to call Carter today and be ready at 9 pm we have an important dinner with my parents." He put his pants on and I put mine on too.

"Nothing else?" I asked.

"We have an important ball we must attend next week." He said.

"Ball?" I laughed.

"Yes with the most important people in the world. My dad is always the host and I didn't want to, but I'm forced to. It's tradition."

"Well, it's going to be interesting." I smiled and followed him out the door. We walked down the stairs and I felt a sharp ache in my sex and grabbed his arm as I was about to fall.

"Be careful." He grabbed me.

"You were too much for me." I laughed slowly walking down.

"Here comes the love birds." Sarah frowned.

"Well, why so angry?" I sat down.

"Probably because you didn't let us sleep with the loud screaming and banging." Luna put her head down and Kalob fist bumped Valentino.

"Sorry." I stayed serious but they all started laughing. "What I looked at all of them.

"Yall had fun." Kalob laughed.

Valentino looked at me and chuckled. We all ate breakfast while talking about things we missed while we were gone.

Like the fact that Kalob and Luna are engaged probably marrying each other in 5 months. Luna left that awful job. Sarah hasn't done much. Kio found a new girlfriend and was going to meet her very soon.

As I helped wash the dishes for Sarah, Valentino and Kalob finished getting ready. They were both fully ready and nicely dressed. "Your leaving?" I dried my hands and walked to him.

"Yes, baby. I will be back soon. Remember to call Carter and be ready by not 9 but 7. They leave at 12 to the airport so pulled the dinner closer."

"Ok." I kissed him and watched them both leave to the garage. I walked back to Sarah and continued washing the dishes.

"Can I ask you something?" I broke the silence.

"Sure." She looked at me.

"Last night was the first time in Valentino's bedroom and I noticed a picture of him and a woman?" I asked.

She looked at me and turned the water back on. "I don't think I should be the one to talk about this." She said.

"Well, I just want to know who she is?" I asked

"Ask Valentino and I'm sure if he's ready he will tell you. I'm sorry but I can't."

I looked at her and smiled washing the last plates left. I wonder what's the mystery. "What phone do I use to make a call?" I asked.

"Carter?" She asked and I nodded.

"Come." She put her last dish and went upstairs to the second floor.

"Here." She grabbed a home phone from the wall. Very old school.

"How do you use it?" I asked.

She put in a couple of codes and handed me the phone. "Put the number in and then hit call." She said.

"Thanks." I grabbed the phone as it ringed I wonder what I'm going to tell him.

"Hello?" He picked up.

"Carter?"

"An-Is it you." His voice toughened.

"It's me." I giggled.

"I thought you died! Where are you? Who has you!" He freaked out.

"I'm alive and I'm well. I want you to forget about me, forget ever-."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN!" He yelled and I slowly slid down the wall knowing this was going to be a long talk.

"I don't think we belong."

"It's because of Valentino isn't it?" His voice lowered.

"Yes." I knew he was going to know anyways.

"You're the biggest hypocrite in the world! You leave me! FOR A FUCKING MOB!" He yelled again.

"He's not what you think!" I yelled back.

"What is he? Is a nice man just bringing drugs to millions of teenagers? Just like you when you were you-."

"Watch your mouth, Carter! I just wanted to tell you that I'm safe. I hope one day you will understand me."

"DON-." I hung up and dug my head into my knees.

"You okay?" Sarah sat next to me.

"Yes." I looked up at her. "He just was the love of my life or well I thought he was." I looked at the way in front of me.

"Well, sometimes you meet the wrong person. But Destiny brought you to Valentino. Imagine the same place I was he came to save me. But then he found you. Its fate." She hugged me.

"Thank you." I slowly stood up. "I know my future is going to be with Valentino."

--------------------------------------------------------
A/N

Who thinks Carter deserved a little bit better? And do you think he will seek revenge or just leave it like that?

Please share, comment, and vote!

I also wanted to comment that I will start school again Monday so I won't be posting chapters as frequently but I will try my best! I don't want to push my buttons too much.

Thanks for understanding and I hope to publish as much as I can.

-Stephanie