Part 18; The proof I needed

5 weeks later...

So far they have half of Carter's family and I can't seem to turn in this man.

But he just made me see the men he was. He took me on dates, yesterday we went house shopping! He wanted my opinions, we went to the movies, we did normal couple things and it makes me worse.

The bad thing is the world knows who Ace is, not just that but Elijah is on Ace's back if he doesn't do something soon Ace's throne will be stepped on, and his years of being the toughest will be cut short...

I was getting ready to clean with Sarah since bartending has made me very sick, well I think this was the problem.

I smell beer, shots, or any of that, and get so nauseous even throw up.

So I'm taking a break and working as Valentino's maid with some benefits.

"Where's Valentino?" I asked Sarah who was preparing lunch.

"Upstairs like always." She answered.

"But I checked and he's not there."

Valentino stormed in and yelled to Kalob. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." He went storming to the basement. That's the 20th time this week. But I haven't wanted to investigate why.

Kalob ran into the basement and forgot to lock it.

Curiosity killed the cat. I kept repeating myself.
Even though I know damn right I have a bad feeling

When I first came here they wanted to 'torture me' they took me to the basement. No, I have to. But whatever I find. It won't be easy.

"Where are you going?" Sarah asked.

"Oh don't worry," I said and slowly opened the door so quietly that not even an elephant can hear.

I looked at the long hall and only saw one light of the many lights here. With the door open too. It was too dark to see inside the jail cells so I went back outside.

"What are you doing Angelina!" Sarah yelled.

"Don't worry!" I whispered and ran to the garage looking for a flashlight. I looked desperately and finally found one.

I ran back over there and turned it on. I felt my soul instantly drop. The first cell was a completely bleed-up man, he was fully drenched in blood. I looked at the next jail and instantly threw up as silently as I could.

There was a middle-aged girl fully bald but as if they ripped her hair off. Her nails were completely taken off and knife scars were all over her body.

I turned off the flashlight and covered my mouth because of my heavy breathing. Someone was coming out and I instantly entered an open jail cell with no one in it and hid.

"He's going rogue," Kalob said on the phone. "I don't know, he wants the information, and now!" He yelled. I covered my mouth as much as I can because my breathing got out it of control.

"GET BACK HERE!" Ace yelled.

"You know what, talk later, bye." He went back in.

I breathed in relief and threw up one final time. I looked at the jail cell windows and moved to the jail cell next to it. The windows with bars would let you see inside the room where torturing was made.

I remember they put me in there. I looked at 3 people with a blindfold in their mouths preventing them from talking. Ace was yelling at them but I couldn't hear what.

I looked at one guy around 35, one younger guy maybe 25, and what broke my heart was a younger girl about 16.

They all looked frightened but the man with about 35. I watched Ace walk back and forth yelling and picking up a gun.

He took the mouth gags off and let them speak. I watched them speak even though I couldn't hear and he shoot the 25-year-old. The girl screamed and stood up attacking Ace my heart instantly stopped when I saw a Small belly bump.

"NOOO DON'T!" I yelled running in but I was too late. Valentino's eyes had such darkness in them and looked at me in fear of what I had just seen. The body thudded and a tear rolled down my cheek.

I felt my heart slowly beat and my legs feel weak.

As everything went completely black.

------------------------------------------------
A/N

This really sucks for Angelina. What do you think she's going to do next?

-Stephanie