Chapter 17: Charging

Aqui’s POV

Saturday.

It’s already been a month since Jenni and I got married. And today I made a new discovery that had changed the future. A discovery that had crossed the boarders of quantum physics. By evaluating the properties of atomic structures and activities of photons. The very law governing the speed of light. The basic structure of every matter. The law that governs gravity, and earth’s rotation. I made a breakthrough.

I never knew this was possible until today. Today, my name will be rememberred as the man who changed history. With this discovery, maitatama ko na lahat ng pagkakamali ko. What I had uncovered was the secret... of time travelling.

Trash that. Haixt. Ito pala epekto ng magmovie marathon ng mga sci-fi movies. Nandito kami ni Jenni ngayon sa entertainment room. As I’ve said, we are doing a movie marathon – of sci-fi movies. I’ve already said that, I know. We were watching since one o’clock. If nagtataka kayo why I’m not at school, nagkasakit ang professor namin kaya wala kaming klase.

We are sitting on a couch. Y’know. We are sitting side by side. She was leaning her head on my shoulders while I wrap my arm around her waist. Perfectly normal. Stop raising your brows. It’s not like we're doing something... weird, mag-asawa naman kami diba? This is just a part ng pakikisama. Wala naman kaming choice right? I repeat, we are married.

Well, we kind of got used to that stuff. And oh! She has finally forgiven me for not accepting the cellphone she gave – which I accepted eventually. Did I ever tell you that I had to bake 25 different cakes in one day for five straight days just to get her forgiveness on that matter? Imagine this. I wake up at six in the morning to wake Jenni up to do some walking exercise and for me to do my morning calisthenics, go to work by 8:00 AM, go to school right after working, got home by 9:30 PM or so from school, bake 25 different cakes which took me until 2:00 AM – average. Sum up all that activities and it left me 4 hours of sleep! FOR FIVE STRAIGHT DAYS!

Well, it paid off naman e. She’s not galit at me anymore. And it’s something worth celebrating. She’s not masungit – at times. I can’t blame her for being moody, she’s pregnant e. And kahit na she’s galit, she still looks beautiful. And whenever she stares at me, napapangiti ako. Too bad binabawi niya agad tingin niya.

Oh right. I almost forgot. Sabay pala kami lagi pag lunch. And every chance I got, umaakyat ako sa office niya to check kung ok lang siya. She’s always frustrated dahil lagi akong pumupunta sa kaniya at first. But sa bandang huli, she’s frustrated na pag di ako nakakapunta. She didn’t actually tell me in person about the latter. It was relayed to me by Milo. Nagsabi daw sa kaniya ni Cam after nilang mag I-think-you-know one time.

“Aqui! Hey!” tawag ni Jenni.

“What?” sagot ko.

“Hindi cake yang isusubo mo. Kamay ko yan,” sabi niya.

Napatingin ako sa hawak ko. Oh shuckz. Kamay nga niya.

“O! S-sorry. Ah, uhm... hehe, kuha muna ako cake,” tumayo na ako pagkasabi ko.