20. Reasons and Pleas

-Sometimes the heart already knows what the mind had denied-

Eliyas

She was still the same. His wife, the woman whom he had refused to give divorce, was still in parallels with her trauma, and Eliyas couldn't help but spend days assisting her. 

Spending nights with a loosened collar, he would do his office work in the lounge and then try to block out the whimpers of the battered woman whose screams would reach each corner of his apartment. 

Hearing her now scream once again made him frown, close his laptop and get up with a grunt. 

"You need to go to sleep now." Casually jutting into her room, he leaned against the threshold of his room and raised an eyebrow at the sight of her sitting upright. She was softly crying into the curled palm of her hands. 

Thankfully, Nabeel was sleeping on the living room's couch. 

Eliyas had shifted his son's sleeping spot since the night Sila had decided to scream out her trauma instead of keeping it bottled in.

 "Where is Nabeel?" A quiet cry echoed through her whimpers. Her gaze was lowered to her folded hands. She had a need in her tone; the desperation to hold his son. 

"Sleeping...as you should be. It is three in the morning," he sighed, eyeing her pitiful form snuggled so miserably in a blanket. 

"I want to go back to my home." She miserably began pleading, looking at him with watery eyes. 

Terribly heartbroken. 

Her expressions caught Eliyas off-guard, hiccuping him out of his casual stance. 

"Go back to sleep..." He turned around to walk out of the room again.

He was exhausted, too tired for it all. 

"I miss my ma." Resigned, stuck in nostalgia...she seemed to sound like a lonely child that simply wanted the embrace of her mother. 

"Do you think she will want you back after you chose to run away with me?" An eyebrow quirked, and he swiftly turned back to stare at her with a taunting frown while folding his arms in a stern manner. 

It was too late, too frustrating and just too bitter. 

"No." The teeniest resignation peeped out. 

"But I miss her. I hurt her." An anguished sob entered her tone. "I am suffering because I hurt my parents, and now, I just want to go back to her. Please..." She had started full-blown crying now, hiding her face in the palm of her arms. 

She was an absolute crumble, a mess.

"I want to go back home! I want to, but I cannot...I can't go back. This is my punishment. I don't want to stay like this anymore." Verging towards hysteria...

So much pain and anguish escaping out of her heart.

Eliyas was staring with a slightly disturbed and uncomfortable expression, trying to run his hands through his hair while giving up on doing anything. 

She would have a fit, often. 

However, her next words widened his eyes in shock.

'I don't want to die like this. I cannot be this alone. I can't." 

Sheer broken and miserable...

His tired stance shifted, and he pushed up his shoulders to stand straight. 

He had heard the same words before, held the same crumbles before. 

Nabeel's mother had pled the same.