17. The Desperate Plea

(Trigger warning: panic attack)

-There is a thin line between love and hate-

Eliyas

*Punch* *Slam* *Punch*

The punching bag shook. 

With sweat gathered on his forehead, Eliyas kept on digging his fist deep into the dusty texture of the punching bag. His every punch was followed by a growl, a frustrated bark. The emotions running in his mind were driving him mad. He needed control.

Breathe...calmness...

He needed to gain control again. He strived on the sensation of control, but his tense nerves just weren't cooperating today; so out of control, so wild and intense. It had been three days since Nabeel had finally been discharged from the hospital, three days and a night since Sila had dared to fight back.

The blazing fury in her eyes, the cutting madness and fury...Memories were making his nostrils expand while taking heated breaths. He needed control. He needed to calm down the rage and frustration inside him. 

Saud still hadn't shown up at their flat. That man hadn't been picking up calls, and Eliyas didn't know whether to drag him out from his hideout and let go of that man. Noreen loved Saud. It was disappointing thinking how careless Saud had been. Such a blunder, and now that coward was hiding somewhere. 

Pity.

Feeling agitated, he threw another punch in the direction of the bag. His exercising tools had been placed right in the middle of Saud's room, and it was giving him a slight sense of satisfaction seeing how he had thrown out all of Saud's things.

Partial refund received-so much more to take back!

Knuckles clenching and tightening, with hardly any sun rays pouring into the room because of the drapes, Eliyas finally stopped to sit down and drink water from his water bottle. He had been keeping water near because of his nerves. He just couldn't keep himself calm.

He needed control. control...deep breaths in and out...

After a quick gulp of water, he placed his elbows on his knees and hung his head low. The room hardly had any lights on. It was too silent, too dark and just too provoking. It reminded him of days when he used to live in a place more smelly and vacant than this. 

He had a wife that had wanted more, a newborn who made him yearn for getting filled pockets. Yet, here, with riches, his son was still suffering, his wife was dead. So many contrasts lived in one society. Rich, poor, greedy, strong...so many...

Lost in his thoughts, he frowned as his mobile phone vibrated. The police had been calling him for days, giving useless explanations. It was apparent they were trying to protect the elitist, the very notion that had made Eliyas hate that class, put them in their place. 

Disgusting rich folks

However, once he picked up the call, his tired expressions turned stern, firm and cold.

***

Sila

The shades of the park's leaves changed. The warm breeze blew, and the sensation of watching a sinking sun hit me hard. I had been sleeping on the park bench for 3 days, eating food from a local shop that was giving away free food and just spending my days strolling in the park.  

People around me were starting to notice a pattern.

Low moments...trapped in a pit; these were my emotions. There were moments when I had dared to fight, but now, there was just hollowness. Away from my family, had lost the only acquaintance I had managed to find when battling my pain, and now this...out under the streets, no real food or place to go.