Chapter 16- Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Jeff and I were frantically awoken by Boost, "Hey, it's Sunday!! We didn't realize! Hurry get ready let's go!" "Wh..huh...?" Jay lazily muttered, Jeff and I jolted up in realization, "We're gonna be late!" we scrambled out of bed to prepare for our flight. Jeff picked up his phone, "Ah shoot.." he said, "What is it, love?" I asked, bundling up my clothes, "6 missed calls from the chief." he replied, "Oh lord. Call him back." I told him, "Already on it," "He's a little ticked but even he didn't realize Sunday came this fast." Jeff said, coming back to me with his bag. "Alright peeps, let's move out." DJ said, quirkily.

We sped our way to the airport and rushed onto the plane, there we caught up with Nigel, Sky, and Max on time. "Almost didn't make it huh, Ke?" Sky said to me, giggling, I panted, "None of us realized it was Sunday already." I replied, sitting in my seat. I noticed Sky looked excited, "You look lively." I said to her, "Yeah, I'm heading home it's exciting." she replied, and Max agreed with her. "How do you feel?" Nigel asked, "Good as new." I replied, "Good luck on the race then!" Nigel said to us, "You too!" Jeff and I sat down together, "You sure you're doing alright?" Jeff asked me, "Yeah definitely!" I replied, smiling. "Okay well, still try not to overdo it, okay love?" Jeff then said, "No need to, McQueen already won." I replied, "Facts"

Some other racers then joined us to chat, "Looks like Butch got disqualified." Shu said, "He deserved it." Carla added, "How do you feel, Shu?" I asked, "Better than ever and ready to conquer." he responded, "Otto? Racinov?" "Much better!" They both replied, "Awesome!" I responded, "You know, besides the race itself it's been nice socializing with you all." Jay said, I nodded, "agreed." Lewis said, walking up to us near Jeff. "Heyy dude!" Jeff greeted him, "Hey man" Lewis greeted, high-fiving Jeff's hand." "Good day miss Keke." "Good morning mister Hamilton," I responded, "So, how has it been, you two?" he asked, Jeff and I looked at each other and smiled, "It's been amazing!" we responded in sync, "That's great to hear! I'm happy for you two." we giggled and snuggle close.

We reminisced about our life events until we landed in Germany. "To the track!" Max yelled out, "To the track!" We repeated, "Follow us, we can get there in no time." Sky said, we agreed and followed her to the track. Driving there, I couldn't help but look around at the sheer beauty of the nature surrounding the roads, "Wow, it sure is beautiful." I said to Jeff, "Not as much as you tho." Jeff responded, I blushed. "Sis, come here a sec!" DJ yelled out, in front of me, "Coming!" I sped off, Max then rolled up to Jeff, "Since this is your last race with Keke for now, you should take her on a nice drive." He told Jeff, "That's a good idea but where do you suggest I take her?" Jeff asked, "Well, seeing how she adores nature, I would suggest the Black Forest, specifically the track." Max answered, "Great idea man, thanks!" Jeff thanked him, "At the end of the race, I'll give you the directions." Jeff acknowledged.

At the race track, all racers were near the starting line chatting once more and engaging with fans coming to watch the race while pit crews set up the pits. Soon all racers were lined up in their appropriate positions. "Alright, ladies and gentlecars! Welcome to the final leg of the International Racers Competition!" Darrell yelled excitedly, "Today is the last race day for this competition and we can finalize the fastest car in the world." David said, "Let's go over the stats, shall we?" Darrell said, indicating to the screen. "Woah! Looks like McQueen and Francesco are tied up with 760 points! Carla comes after with 645!" Brent yelled, "Last time on our race journey we had a terrible accident involving four of our drivers," Darrell said concerningly, "The driver who caused the incident was disqualified and will not be competing the final round." Brent added, "Our drivers who had been involved in the crash look rather new today!" David said after. "Let's get this show on the road!" Darrell shouted, and the lights flickered and we were off.

The race was quite challenging, Carla was hard to get by, impressive woman! I adore her. Francesco began losing it after sector 2, McQueen laughed and sped past him, Francesco grunted and got his head back in the game just to beat McQueen. We all knew that either McQueen or Francesco would be at the top, this last race seemed like our last drive before we can see each other again for a while. Coming up on turn 17, Francesco caught up to McQueen, he strained himself to pass McQueen by at least a bumper splitter, unfortunately for him, he wasn't fast enough! McQueen had won! The crowds cheered as McQueen sped across the finish line, and we followed behind congratulating McQueen.

After the race, they presented McQueen with his trophy, Francesco, though defeated, congratulated McQueen and the rest of us stayed for our own celebration. Suddenly my brothers came running up to me with Jay and Leo, "Y'all did great!" DJ and Wingo yelled in sync, "We're proud of you three," Boost then said, "Jeff too." he said again, "Hey, thanks!" Suddenly a multicolored Ferarri 458 drove up to Jay excitedly, she turned into a human and tackled him to the ground, "I'm so proud of you Jaydon!" She said, hugging him tightly. Jaydon chuckled, "It's nice to see you, Princess." he said sweetly, hugging her back. Leo's friends also came along to congratulate him.

Jeff, now in his car form rolled up to me with a sorrowful look, he looked at me and I gazed into his pretty gray eyes. "What's wrong love?" I asked him, he sighed, "Well, the races are over and..I'm afraid this is the last I might be seeing you." He responded, and the realization hit me... "Oh..right..." I sighed. He turned back into his human form and he held my hands, getting down on his knee, "Keke, my love, thank you for making this race and this journey worth it, you really did something that impacted me and...I never felt this way about anyone. You're so gorgeous, funny, and wild, I never met anyone like you before, and- and I love you Keke, I really really do." Jeff said to me, looking into my eyes, a tear rolled down his face as he looked. I leaned down to gently wipe off his tears, my eyes teary as well, and I held his hands tighter. "Jeffery, in all my life I never thought I would ever know what love is, I never thought I'd be loved by someone who isn't family-wise, and then you showed up. You just lit up my entire life, you showed me what love is and how nice it is to have a second half, from the start I had liked you, there's something about you that I got attracted to, you're cute, pretty goofy and you're very caring. I'm ever so thankful that I met you, thank you for making this competition more worth it. I love you, Jeff." I confessed to him. He stood up and we shared a long, tender hug, wrapping our arms around each other so tightly as we silently cried in tears of joy and sorrow. We gazed into each other's eyes once more as we kissed, he gripped my waist and held my chin as I rested my arms on his shoulder around his neck, as we parted we cuddled each other, not wanting to let go.

"Awwwwwwww!" The other cars awed, "You do know this ain't the last you'll see each other, right?" John said to us folding his arms and quirking his eyebrow, "Huh??" Jeff and I said and we turned to them, they laughed, "No! You two can visit each other and go out and stuff." Boost then said to us, Jeff and I smiled brightly as we gripped each other once more in excitement, the boys laughed, "Let's go home then!" I said, "Actually we'll be staying at Jeff's for a while!" Wingo yelled, "Oh my manufacturer, REALLY??" I asked in surprise, they nodded, Jeff looked at me and nodded turning into his car form again, "Let's go princess, Race ya!" "Oh no, you don't!" I yelled as I sped off behind him. "Gotta love those kids." Boost said, folding his arms and smiling, the others agreed and nodded.

From that day forward, we started a beautiful life together, living happily on the fast lane. And remember when I said that Jeff and I did win at something other than the race? Yeah, we won the love lottery <3