Chapter 5- "Caribbean Girl"

"Hello, Ladies and Gentlecars! Welcome to the International Racers Competition!" Brent says excitingly. "I'm here with fellow announcers Darrel Cartrip and David Hubcap." "We got a good one for you tonight, a big competition to determine the fastest racer in the World and win the prize." David said, "We got some splendid racers racing tonight, including 4-time Piston Cup Champion Lightning McQueen and Italian Racer Francesco Bernoulli and a couple of Caribbean Racers such as Keke Gorvette are all competing to get that prize and prove that they are the best." Darrel said, "Here come the lights!" David said right before the lights turn green, "Let's go racin' boys!" Darrel said excitedly.

The racers took off, McQueen and Francesco takes the lead passing Brazilian Racer Carla Veloso and Rearendian Racer Rip Clutchgoneski, Lewis Hamilton, and Jeff Gorvette overtook Spanish Racer Miguel Camino and French Racer Raoul Caroule. Sky and I speed off passing Russian racer Vitaly Petrov, Jay and Leo swerved past Frosty. "Let's see who can get through the Great Equalizer, the early dirt section of the track." Darrel said, "Raoul can make up some ground in this section." Brent said, Francesco started slipping and sliding on the dirt, "Oh no! Francesco seems to be having a hard time on the dirt!" David exclaimed. McQueen and Raoul did their moves on this dirt section, turning right to go left, Shu seemed to have a small slippery problem as well and both Sky and I ended up overtaking him and Rip. Leo and Jay also did well on the dirt section.

Finally out of the dirt, Francesco was able to make up a lot of ground and taking a huge lead, once again tailing McQueen. Sky, and I made up quite some ground coming up to Jeff and Lewis, a turn was coming up so I shifted down to 3rd gear and went around the corner, 4th gear...5th, downshifted and shifted again giving me more speed, Jeff heard the backfires and only saw red flash by, he didn't know who it was at first, he shook it off and continued the race. The race went on for a while, Sky and I along with Jay and Leo made good places at least 9th and higher out of 24, Francesco ended up winning by a couple inches from McQueen.

After the race had finished all racers and other cars gathered outside the track for interviews and comments, Boost and the others came to Congratulate us for making good progress until the other race. "Well done you three, Sky too." Kabuto said, "Next race shouldn't be hard, you'll be racing in Italy after." DJ said. Some interviewers wanted a little interview with the racers so we did, then a bunch of little kids came over and said they wanted autographs, "Ok Ok, autographs for the kids" I said giggling, after giving them what they wanted, I was heading over back to Boost and the others.

While I was going back, it seemed like I caused some attention. Lewis, McQueen and Jeff had just finished their interviews when Lewis saw me going back to my pit, "Oh hey, it's that Caribbean girl." He said to McQueen and Jeff, "Yeah, that's Keke, she and her two brothers Leo and Jaydon came to compete." McQueen said back to Lewis, Jeff didn't know who they were talking about until he looked and saw a familiar red bumper and black taillights, from the same car that backfired and overtook him, his jaw dropped a bit. "Hey Keke!" McQueen called out to me, I heard and reversed looking back, "Oh it's McQueen." I said and drove towards them, "Hey McQueen! Hey Lewis!" I greeted, I noticed Jeff looking at me, "Hey Jeff~" I said sweetly looking back at him, "Hey Keke.." He said blushing a bit, I smiled and turned to McQueen and Lewis, "What a race huh?" I said giggling, "I almost had Francesco!" McQueen said, Francesco heard "Like I said, you cannot beat Francesco~ " He said in his Italian accent laughing away. McQueen rolled his eyes and smiled. Suddenly, Boost called out for me "Ayo sis! You comin?" "Yeah I'll be right there!" I replied, "Sorry for the short chat boys but I gotta go." I said to them, "It's ok we understand." Lewis said, McQueen and Jeff nodded, "Cool, thanks, see ya." I said to McQueen and Lewis, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow Jeff." I said to him smiling, he blushed "Yeah, see ya." I drove back to Boost.

Driving back I looked in my rearview mirror and saw Lewis teasing Jeff and McQueen was laughing, Jeff was blushing so much, his face was reddening, and even I was rosey with blush. I got back to my pit, "I'm back!" I said smiling, Sky looked at me and smirked, "Looks like Jeff might be crushing." she giggled, I laughed, "I dunno, but I'm sure you see the blush on his yellow hood pretty easily." I said. "You like him don't you?" Leo asked, I hesitated a bit, " I- Umm...maybe.." I said blushing, "You know you do." Jaydon said teasing me and bumping my tire. "Oh stop." I said giggling. "We should get back home and rest so we can head for Italy tomorrow." Boost said. "Yeah, that's a good idea." I said, "You'll see Jeff tomorrow." Wingo said winking, I rolled my eyes, "Yeah ok." and I drove off blushing and smiling, they just giggled behind me and drove home together.

A while after Kabuto and the others left, my axles started to ache, "DJ, can you carry me please? My axles hurt a bit." I asked him, "Sure!" He said sweetly, I turned to my human self, opened his door and went in, he drove me home the rest of the way. Finally getting there, I got out and they turned back to their human selves, "Whew, I am tired." I said, "Us too." Leo and Jay said. "You three should rest early." Boost said, "We have a plane to catch tomorrow." Snot Rod said. "To Italy!" Wingo and DJ said in sync. We laughed "Yes!". I went to our room, changed to regular clothes, put away my racing jacket and helmet then went to sleep.