A Mutual Relatioship

The next day I cheerfully woke up with exhilarating memories from last night. Before hand I had planned on meeting a group of my friends down by our school. I walked to our school playground, the area where we usually met up. There standing happily was the star of last night, the one who we thought was shy. Happily I jogged up to her.

"Hey" I said while I was still refilling my irritated lungs.

"Hi" She returned with a sparkling smile, one I couldn't possibly forget.

"I never caught your name last night" She was still smiling, this made my cheeks turn a slight shade of pink, I was blushing and she knew.

"My name is Isabelle, you?"

"My name is William, pleased to meet you."

"Well look at you cuties." John nearly yelled as his bike slowing in the gravel and rocks was about as loud as he was. John was my best friend, he was a part of the disappointed guys at last nights coffee house.

"What took you so long." I said in awkward rejection of the comment he had just made.

"I wiped out onto the pavement a couple minutes ago."

In inconsideration for John Isabelle and I laughed with each other. Also because John had a reputation for making dumb choices, and although he wasn't clear on how he crashed, we were still pretty certain.

"So Isabelle, who invited you." I ask in curiosity of whether she was here for this meet or something else entirely different.

"I did" John said completely cutting Isabelle off.

As the three of us started walking we drifted off into our own minds. Fully caught in the moment we hadn't realized where exactly we were walking. Lost in talk we had walked on the sidewalk of a bridge. Rails on either side of us, we stopped for a second and took in the nature that surrounded us. I looked down and notice a duck with three ducklings following her. Enjoying the peaceful view, the three of us stood in admiration.

Continuing our walk with John and I on the sidewalk and Isabelle on the rail, I heard a ear agonizing screech. What we thought was going to be a fantastic day, quickly was on the rise to a nightmare.

———————————————————————————————————————-

What do you think will happen?

Leave a comment please*