Chapter 41

ACE'S POV

My heart was speaking for me. I didn't expect to hear that. But I did, and I didn't find anything wrong with it. I couldn't hate on my girl because she was unable to have kids. That wasn't even an issue to me. Kids were gifts from God and I wasn't one of those guys that judged women for not having kids. It wasn't even right. I hugged her even tighter. So she had been punishing herself for that? "Livy?" I called out as I rubbed her back soothingly. "Did you think I was going to leave you because of that? Because you can't have kids?"

She pulled back, eyes swollen and face red like a tomato. She stared at me as tears rolled down her eyes and nodded. "I've had to live with this guilt for ten years. It's so heavy for me, Ace. I didn't mean for it to happen. I thought I was careful enough but apparently, I wasn't. My stupid self got pregnant at 16 and in an attempt not to disgrace my family, I went for an abortion. It didn't go well, I've regretted that single act for the last ten years. Maybe I should have kept the baby, it would have been better than what I'm going through now. I want kids Ace, I want them but I can't have any because of that stupid abortion." She said as she cried.

Was this a lot of information? Yes. Was I expecting this kind of news? No. But was I going to stand by her side? Hell yes. "People make mistakes, baby. You're only human."

She shook her head. "I want to blame my mom so bad for my predicament but she did nothing wrong. I was the stupid one for fucking around at 16 instead of studying at the library. And the worst part is that that bastard left me. He left me all alone. Pregnant, lonely, and barren. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and make it right again. I want to make it right, help me, Ace." She said as she broke down.

I pulled her in for a hug. I held her tight, giving her the comfort she desperately needed. She must have been going through a lot but I had to give it to her. She was an expert at concealing her feelings and emotions. "I'm here for you, baby. I'm gonna stand by you and I won't leave you. Please don't be too hard on yourself. The world is very hard, you need to be kind to yourself at the very least."

She pulled back. "You have no idea what I have to go through every time my grandparents ask for great-grandkids, or when mothers tell me I will be a good wife to their sons and give them beautiful kids. I always felt like damaged goods because the world is very unkind to women who do not have kids. The worst part is, it's all my fault. The whole situation made me hate men. Because loving that bastard was what put me in this position. He made me hate men..." She said as she looked at me. "...until you walked into that elevator with your kids. I didn't just see a man, I saw a family. I wondered who the fortunate woman was. She had a very handsome man and three lovely kids coming back home to her. I wanted so desperately to be that lucky woman. I wished I could experience that joy even if it was only for a day." She said as she burst out crying again. She was having a major breakdown and I wanted to take away the pain so bad.

"Look at me," I said as I wiped away her tears. "You're not the only one who wished for something in that elevator. I wanted you to be that lucky woman from the very first day. My daughter equally wanted that. I remember her talking about you throughout the ride home. She was ecstatic. You weren't the only one who wished for us to be a part of your life. We wished for you to be a part of ours as well. And it's not too late to grant those wishes. You want kids, I have them already. I have kids and I want a mother for them. You want to be a mother. My kids want you to be their mom since their birth mom was terrible at it. And the cherry on top is that we love each other. So, Olivia, let's be an instant family." I told her with all the seriousness in the world.

She looked at me like I had just grown a second head. She stared so hard to the point I thought I had something on my face. I looked at the rearview mirror but saw nothing. I looked back at her then she burst out laughing. With tears rolling down her swollen eyes and face so red, she still looked like an angel as she laughed. "Don't make jokes like that next time, I might believe you." She said.