Chapter 37

WRITER'S POV

As Ace banged on the door continuously, Natalia who had blacked out earlier started regaining consciousness but everything was still foggy. Juliette on the other hand was scared to the core and little Maya's cries intensified as she recognized her father's voice.

"I'm gonna break down this door if you do not open it right now." Ace yelled in anger as he turned to Olivia. "Call the cops."

She nodded, immediately dialed 911, and shrieked when she heard a loud noise. Did Ace just break down the door? She ignored it as she spoke to the cop that answered the phone.

Ace stormed in and stopped on his track when she saw Juliette carrying his daughter with a knife close to her temple. He gulped, confirming in his head that Juliette had lost her mind because which mother placed a knife close to her child in that manner? He took in a deep breath, trying to calm down. "Juliette let's handle this amicably. Let Maya go. She's innocent and this is a traumatic situation for a kid her age."

"I decide what to do with my daughter." Juliette said as she took a step forward. "Now you're gonna let me leave or else I'm gonna kill her. I have nothing to lose. I didn't know her but you did. It's gonna haunt you for the rest of your life that YOU killed your daughter!"

Ace knew Juliette wasn't bluffing. She was crazy and could hurt his daughter. "What do you want Juliette? Money?"

Juliette shook her head like a maniac as she adjusted Maya on her hip. "I came to you Ace, I came to you because I wanted my family back. I wanted you all. I made a mistake by running away with Robert and I came back to you but what did you do? You sent me away. You tossed me to the side like trash and kept me away from my kids. Why? To be with that white bitch. Yes, Ace, I want a lot of money. Nothing less than seven digits."

Ace scoffed. He was tempted to tell her that she had lost her mind but he had to tread carefully or she could hurt his daughter. "Maya baby, do not cry. Daddy's here, okay. Nothing's gonna hurt you."

Juliette frowned and took the knife down to Maya's neck. "Well, I'm gonna hurt her. You do not want to try me. Now you're gonna pay me."

"Pay you? What for? Juliette give me a tangible reason why I need to pay you?" Ace asked angrily cause it was a senseless issue. "Pay you for walking out of my life all those years? Pay you for leaving me with three kids to raise all by myself? Pay you for getting your ass whooped by the guy you ran away with? Pay you for hurting my mother and kidnapping my daughter? Does that make any sense to you? Why the..." He was gonna cuss but remembered his child was still in the room. "Why are you even here? Where's Natalia?"

Juliette burst into a fit of laughter like a maniac. "Probably dead. She probably bled to her death because she was stubborn. Maya's fate is not far from that if you do not give me your car to get away with my daughter."

Natalia who had been trying to stand on her two feet finally succeeded as memories of what happened came rushing to her mind. Juliette, Maya. Right! Oh, Juliette was going to hurt Maya. She had to save the little girl. Wait, that was Ace's voice, right? And Juliette. Ace was here, thank goodness. But why was Maya still crying? She stood in front of the mirror and gasped as she saw blood all over her shoulder. It hurt like hell. She could give anything to make the pain go away. She slowly opened the door and followed the voices she heard. It was coming from her living room. She stopped in her tracks as she saw the scene before her. No one else saw her and she knew she had to do something to save Maya. She couldn't let Juliette walk away with the child.

Natalia tried lifting the vase by her side but it seemed impossible. She was in so much pain. A tear slipped down her cheek. She had to do it. She just had to. But if she hit Juliette on the head, she was gonna fall and so was Maya. She had to do something more reasonable with less damage. Maybe if she distracted Juliette, Ace was going to save them all.