The Burdensome Hickey (Brendon/Ryan)

"Are you sure the fans arent gonna notice?"

Ryan was currently stood infront of the mirror of the tour bus, craning his neck as he eyed the hickey on his neck. Brendon always tended to get carried away. Though, Ryan couldn't blame him.

"Well, I can't guarantee that they won't. But even if they do, we can say it was from hockey or something," Brendon was wrapped around his lover, resting his hands on the smaller boy's waist.

"Brendon, I haven't played hockey since we were in Vegas last year,"

"Oh... Yeah," Brendon paused, "Well, let's just hope they dont notice!"

"God, you're no help, Brendon," Ryan sighed, taking out his phone and checking the time as Brendon rested his head on the boys shoulder.

"We should probably og to bed soon, it's already 11 at night, Ry," The singer mentioned casually.

"Yeah, no. I don't think the hickey is gonna be gone by then. Oh God, what are the fans gonna do? What if my family is there? what if-," Suddenly, he was interrupted.

Brendon spun the brunette around to face him, shutting the older boy up with a kiss. "Shh. It'll be okay, Ryan. Let's just go to bed, we'll figure something out,"

Ryan sighed in defeat, rather dramatically at that, "Yeah, you're right,"

Brendon gave the boy one more kiss before unlatching himself from him, making his way to the bunks. Ryan followed after, eventually climbing up into his bunk. He was still exhausted from all of tour already, so he fell asleep rather quickly for once.

He wasn't sure when he fell asleep, but Ryan woke up early the next morning, immediately checking his phone. A new message from Brendon filled his screen.

"hey bunny. i made u sum coffee, its in the fridge. im not sure when u'll get up and i know u need sleep so i didnt wake u. i love u!"

He clicked his phone off and groggily got out of bed. Ryan was not a morning person, The first two hours of his day were always spent with him being annoying and complaining. Spencer would argue that Ryan is annoying and complains all the time no matter the time. Ryan agreed, he wasn't wrong. Ryan made his way to the bathroom, doing his usual bathroom routine. Then, he looked in the mirror.

The hickey.

"Shit,"

Ryan whispered to no one, rubbing at his neck as if it'd make the mark go away. After a while though, he gave up and walked to the kitchen in defeat. He hesitantly opened the fridge, taking out his coffee before finding a seat at the table. Spencer and Jon did not need to see that burdensome hickey.

Just as Ryan was about to sip on his coffee, someone had whispered in his ear.

"Mm, that marks look real pretty on you, don't you agree, Ry?," It was Brendon.

That damned voice sent chills down Ryan's spine as he looked over his shoulder, making eye contact with his lover, "Fuck you,"

"Hmmm. I think it's the other way around," Brendon teased.

Ryan groaned at the flirting, instead opting for downing the coffee. He needed caffeine, or really anything to wake him up. Since Ryan was sitting, Brendon couldn't smack gim on the ass like he typically did to wake the older male.

"Go get dressed. We're nearly at the venue,"

Ryan let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding, " Yeah, yeah," And with that, the boys were off the get ready.

-----

"You guys are on in 5,"

The band was currently backstage in a theater in Chicago, Illinois. Luckily, this wasn't a recorded concert. Ryan was touching up his makeup, Spencer was pissing in the bathroom, Jon was fixing his shirt, and Brendon was standing behind Ryan.