Chapter 11: Spiraling into madness

A storm.
There was a storm outside. This was not a good sign.
Eva placed the fifth mirror shard in the box and locked it, going back to the sofa where the other two survivors on the night were loudly discussing on what should have been the next move.
Meanwhile, the other survivors were standing in the back of the room, eyeing the three with suspiciousness.

"We're here to save you! Well too late, another one of us just died and you did little to nothing to save him!" Tommy murmured under his breath, his tone filled with distrust: "I don't understand, why are we letting them make plans for us??" Mark exclaimed, getting the attention of the three saviours: "I really appreciate you came all the way here, bu we did pretty well on our own until now, and we'd like to keep doing the same!".

Oli looked at the survivors with a pained yet stern look: "I'm sorry if we weren't able to save Razz from dying, but we promise-" "No! No! I don't want to hear another word! You came here to help us and all you've done since you arrived was getting captured and standing still, watching as my best friend got executed!" Will shouted, forcing Thomas to hold him back.

While the two were busy arguing, a black and red mist slowly began to emerge from behind the door, seeping through the floor and reaching the survivors' feet.
Jaiden was the first to take notice of the presence on the smoke, but even that was to late.
Like a snake, the mist hastily surrounded the five remaining victims and separated them from the survivors of the night, whom in vane tried to stop whatever was happening.

The five yelled, banged on the wall of darkness, tried to Rio them apart, but nothing seemed to work.
With ear-splitting scream filling the former safe lounge, the barrier erupted, sending everyone spiraling into darkness.

-------------

Mark was the first to wake up.
He took immediately notice of the fact that he was laying down,on a cold ground. Blinking a few times to adjust his eyes to the sudden change in lighting, he saw Will, Jaiden, Tommy and Thomas laying next to him, also confused.
The room was the shape of an hexagon, filled with mirrors of every size and shape: big, small, large, thin, broken, intact...But they were not mirroring the reflections of the five. No, they were mirroring a masked figure, with feminine traits and a deep scar at the height of her guts.
"Welcome! Welcome to my fun house!" She exclaimed gleefully, placing her hands on the glass, observing them with a malicious smirk the survivors couldn't see: "Sorry if we had to drag you here the hard way, but master was thrilling to have a chat with you! And I'm so happy! Brand new playmates!".

"Wtf...." Will murmured, slowly backing away: "Who are you?!" Thomas asked, standing in a defensive position: "I'm the Illusionist! And you, my clueless little friends, are about to experience the most funny, thrilling, heart-racing final death challenge ever!".
"Final death challenge?!" Tommy yelled, as his voice cracked: "What do you mean "Final death challenge"?! We haven't even gotten to the first trial yet!".

The entity giggled, than the giggled turned into a laugh. A demented, eery laughter, which sent shiver running down the survivors' spines: "Master thought it would have been way more fun to just throw you in without making you go through all the trials, and of course I completely agreed! Master always knows what's best for us!".
"Dude, what is she talking about?! This is nonsense!" Will whispered to Mark, placing a hand on his shoulder: "Oh, hello there! I remember you. You're the ungrateful soul that sheepishly crawled out of your cell instead of accepting the gift Master had given you!".

The Illusionist shifted position and travelled from the mirror she was in the next. Only this time, she had another form.
She resembled Nihachu's form: "Unlike Niki, who so wholeheartedly embraced this blessing! After all, she's the one you killed, right? It's only fair she gets her revenge!".