Chapter 4: Deadly tune

"What about... survivors of the night?" Bretman asked, arranging the last folds on Tyler's new jacket: "It is a good name for our little group! What do you say, sis?".

Tyler did not respond. The only thing he was able to think about in that moment was Joey's letter.

He could hardly believe that those words, those creepy, hate-filled, horrible words were written by Joey, Joey Graceffa, one of his most kind and caring friends.

"Sis, are you still with me?" Bretman asked again, taking the little bottle of perfume and spraying it on his face: "Do you want some of this? Trust me, it smells a-m-a-z-i-n-g!".

Tyler shook his head and glanced at Bretman, who was fixing his new necklace, but couldn't find the words to answer.

The playboy slowly turned around and gave the blonde man a comprehensive look; handing out a hand towards him, he made sure his tone was as soft and reassuring as possible: "Maybe it's better if we take a break, the others have probably finished as well. And to top it all, you look amazing!".
Tyler smiled as well, standing up from his seat and looking at himself in the mirror: his new outfit, which was a remodeled version of the one he wore back when he was trapped in the 1700s, really suited him.

The thespian was back in action and ready to defeat evil.

"Girl, you look astounding!" Bretman exclaimed, as he escorted Tyler through the halls and corridors of the SAE headquarter: "I bet none of the others will look as fabulous as you will!".
"Thanks... I'm really nervous, I just want to get this mission done so we can all go home".

"My oh my, you sure look good, Tyler!" Andrea said, appearing from inside another room with Eva and Colleen: the three girls all wore the outfits from their past experiences, remade by the SAE.
"Not as good as you, ladies!" Tyler answered, slightly bowing.

The group made their way into the meeting room once again, relieves to see that Oli was already there with Mat and Nikita: "I'm glad to see you got to know each other better, but we must not waste time now." Mat declared: "Joey has trapped ten more youtubers in the Pandora Box and we need to get them out before he gets the chance to kill any of them!".

"What about Joey? What will we do with him once we get the survivors out?" Oli asked, fiddling with his new necklace.
Nikita sighed, something which greatly upset Mat.
Nikita was one of the most prepared members of the Society Against Evil, she always had a plan ready.
That sigh alone was a sign that neither she knew how to handle the savant's situation: "We should focus on one problem at a time: first we find a way to get into the Pandora Box and get the youTubers out, then we deal with Joey." Eva stated, receiving a look of approval from Mat and Colleen.

Maybe, with their new found allies, they had a chance to fix the disaster they unwillingly created.

--------------

"You found a clock?" Or3o asked, inspecting the item Mark and Karl had brought from their last exploration: the clock was covered in golden streaks and gems of all kinds of shades, shapes and colours.

"How long have we been stuck in here?" Tommy murmured, removing the last bits of dirt from his jacket: "It's half past ten, according to this clock, so I suppose we've been in the Dark Dimension for over two hours..." Jaiden answered, looking between her friends: everything was clearer now.

The reason why Joey's eyes looked so...lifeless to her, the letter he had previously sent them, his strange behavior during the party...the party?

Why couldn't she...remember anything from the party...? There was a giant gap in her memory and she couldn't explain why.