Stars

Killua POV:

My alarm clock rings and I smack it, bringing my hand up to my face to rub my eyes.

I get up and shower, still thinking about yesterday as I rinse bubbles out of my hair.

I think about the day, as well as the question I began to ask myself.

And if I am in love with Gon, do I tell him? What will he say? Will he love me back? Or will I ruin our friendship?

That last thought causes a sinking feeling as I step out the shower, wrapping myself in a towel and sitting on the floor.

For better or for worse, I have to tell him. What if he doesn't like me back? But what if he does? No, i shouldn't think that, I should prepare to be turned down.

But when should I tell him?

I get dressed and brush my teeth, then run a hairbrush through my wet hair in a half-assed way. Whatever, it's not important.

I pick up my phone and see a text from Gon.

Gon: Sorry I can't meet you this morning. :( My aunt needs some help with some errands. I'll text you when I'm back, or maybe we can just meet up tomorrow? I had fun with you at the market yesterday. Have a good day! xoxo 😜💖✨

The last part makes me smile and blush, although I'm still sad we don't get to hang out today.

Oh well, this gives me time to plan what I'm gonna tell him, this is good.

I spend the morning in bed watching my show and contemplating different scenarios in my head.

Each one I end up tossing out.

How am I going to tell him?

Gon, I love you.

——

At lunchtime I finally get out of bed and grab some salad out of the fridge.

Dad's at work and mom left a note that said "Out on a walk", so I have the house to myself.

I munch my salad and draw pictures of cats on post-it notes.

It's weird how much I've gotten used to being with Gon every day, exploring and going to the treehouse.

Gon.

I blush. Why am I such an idiot? I run my face as if I can rub the color away. That probably only makes it redder.

I doodle little hearts on the edge of the notepad and blush even harder.

When did I even have time to develop such a big crush?

Gon has been living here for almost a month now.

Maybe I just didn't realize how much I was falling for him.

——

That night, dinner is tense. Did dad have another bad day at work?

My throat feels thick as I try to swallow my pasta, and instead of filling my stomach it just makes it feel sour.

Why do I feel like I did something wrong?

I get up uneasily after the meal and wash the plates, putting them in the dish rack to dry.

When I turn around what I see makes my heart plummet in my chest.

My father sits in his chair, my mother standing behind him.

They looks serious, and angry.

And they're both staring straight at me.

My heart starts pounding.