Rain Rain Go Away (🌩💔)

It was nighttime at the Smiling Friends office, the critters were tasked to keep watch over the office while Mr. Boss was off on a business trip for the next few days. Glep was spending his days in the beanbag, Alan was taking inventory (as usual) and Charlie and Pim were watching TV. "Pim. This show is getting boring, can we PLEASE watch something else?" Charlie said with a hint of annoyance in his tone. "But Charlie! The best part is about to-" Pim was about to point to the TV before the screen cut to static, leading everybody to stop what they were doing. 

"What's going on?" Glep yawned after being woken up by the loud noise. "I dunno, Glep. That's what we're trying to figure out." Charlie replied. Suddenly, the TV cut to a news flash. "THIS JUST IN: THERE HAVE BEEN REPORTS OF A SEVERE RAINSTORM HEADED TOWARDS THE MEEP BLVD. AREA. PLEASE HEAD FOR YOUR HOMES BEFO-" All of a sudden, the power went out, startling the critters. "Holy shit!" They all said in unison. Charlie pulled out his cell phone and turned on the flashlight. "Alright guys. Does anybody know where any flashlights would be?" The yellow critter asked before a series of crashes was heard. Charlie turned his head to see Alan with an armful of flashlights on hand. "H-Here you go Charlie." He said letting the critters have a flashlight. Charlie and Glep went to find a place to get settled, while Pim hid himself in a corner. Ever since the events of going beyond the bridge, Pim had developed a fear of rainstorms, and this was no different. "This is fine...Its all gonna be fine... I mean....Its all just a little bit of rain." Pim muttered nervously, trying to give himself the extra reassurance. When he got into a good headspace, he thought all was fine until a loud rumble came from outside. The pink critter looked out the window and saw lights flashing in the sky. "Oh fudge..." He said under his breath before he cowered away when lightning flashed. 

"Dude. Are there any snacks around here?" Charlie asked from afar. "Let me check the cabinets." Alan replied before making his way through the room. The critter looked through the cabinets and seemed to find snacks like chips and cookies, and while those wouldn't be the first choice, there was no other option. "Anyone up for pringles and cookies?" Alan asked placing the snacks on the table. Glep quickly jumped up to examine the lackluster meal. "I'm gonna see what else is in here, you guys just sit tight." Alan said before turning back to the cabinets. Charlie took a cookie from the box, "Hey...How come Pim hasn't shown up yet?" He asked with a mouthful of chocolate chip crumbs. Pim emerged from his hiding spot to see what was going on, the critter had obviously been sweating from anxiety. "Dude are you ok?" Glep asked worried. "Yeah, I'm fine. Has Alan found anything for us to eat?" Pim replied climbing onto one of the chairs. "Yeah. So far we only have chips and cookies." Charlie responded, wiping his hands on his hoodie. Alan managed to find more edibles like peanut butter and other things while Pim sat in his chair trying not to make his worry TOO obvious. 

"Now we need to make this food last until the storm passes." Alan explained, he looked over and saw Glep opening his second carton of pringles. "This means YOU too, Glep!" He said snatching the container, handing it to Pim. "T-Thanks, Alan." Pim replied taking the container with his shaky hands. Alan began to divide up the food so the critters were to get an equal amount, Pim slowly ate his pringles, hopefully being around the other critters would distract him from the overwhelming anxiety he was experiencing at that time. "Are you alright, Pim?" Glep asked, Pim was unsure how to respond, only nodding his head. Charlie was understanding of Pim's fear of storms, considering the events of what happened that Halloween. "You sure you're alright, dude?" Charlie asked, Pim nodding his head once again. All was somewhat peaceful until a loud crashing noise came from outside, causing Pim to jump straight from his seat and hide under the table. 

Charlie peeked under the table and saw his friend trembling with fear. "Dude. Are you still hung up over that storm?" He questioned, with Alan facepalming from behind. "You know, you could have worded that a little better, Charlie." the red critter said. Charlie didn't bother answering as in that moment, he just wanted to check up on Pim. "O-Ok. Yes. Ever since that disaster on Halloween, I've developed a huge fear of storms. Plus I'm just easily scared to begin with." Pim explained. Charlie listened to his friend's vent and surprisingly understood where Pim was coming from. "I know it may sound childish to you, Charlie. And if you wanna add in your two cents, go ahe-" Pim was cut off by Charlie putting a hand on his shoulder. "Pim. I don't think its childish that you're afraid of storms. I mean, take a look at Alan, he's afraid of those little pink things after the infestation." Charlie said, "Bringing up the whole bliblie thing was uncalled for by the way." Alan grumbled. Charlie sighed and looked back at Pim, "The point is, you can be an adult and still be afraid of storms, its not like you're hurting anyone for Christ's sake." The yellow critter responded. Pim smiled and crawled out from under the table. 

The next few hours weren't as bad. Pim distracted himself by talking to the other critters, while still getting a little spooked here and there. "When do you think the storm is gonna pass?" Pim asked. "I don't know, Pim. We never got an answer thanks to the power outage." Alan replied, Pim hung his head down nervously. Glep watched the raindrops hitting the window, keeping watch over the storm. "Glep. How are you not scared of being so close to the window like that?" Pim questioned. "I just find it calming to watch the raindrops hitting the window." Glep responded. "Plus its not like I'm gonna get struck or anything." The creen critter continued to watch the storm, but Pim was concerned as he was told by his parents that you WOULD get struck by lightning if you were to sit by a window during a storm. "B-But Glep. You could get hurt!" Pim stuttered. "Pim. Just relax! We aren't outside the building!" Alan scoffed. "But you could get struck by lightning if you were sitting that close to a window in this situation, Alan. Think about it!" Pim began to panic, his hands shaking with pure fear and worry for Glep's safety. It was then he ran towarsas the window and snatched Glep just a lightning flashed in the air.

"Dude the fuck was that about?" Glep snapped. "I...I...." Pim felt embarrassed. Glep was about to go off on the critter, but Charlie stopped him. "What made you think Glep was gonna get struck by lightning, Pim?" He asked concerned. "Well. My parents told me that if you were to sit close to a window during a storm, you'd get hit. And I didn't want that to happen to Glep....I'm sorry." The pink critter hung his head down, sniffling. Charlie furrowed his eyebrows and sat next to Pim, "That's something I've never heard of before, to be fair. But Glep would have still been safe if he were sitting next to that window, it would have been a different story if we were outside." Charlie explained. "Yeah. Now can I go back?" Glep asked. "Uh...Yeah, sure dude." Charlie responded, letting Glep go back ot the window. Pim was about to run after the critter, but Charlie held him back. "He's gonna be fine, Pim. We're all gonna be fine." The yellow critter said. Pim finally decided to let his guard down and spent the rest of the night anxiously waiting for things to pass...