Glep's Waterbed (💔)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THE FOLLOWING TAKES PLACE WHEN GLEP AND ALAN HAVE SINCE BOUGHT A NICER HOUSE RATHER THAN A SHITTY APT.

It was an average day for Alan and Glep. The two were sitting in the living room of their new house, glad to be out of the shitty apartment they were living in at the time. That place had everything, even the bathroom, all in one crammed little living space with no separation walls. Making privacy very lacking. But the two were glad to be out of that shithole and living in a decent neighborhood. Neither of them said a peep to each other as they were occupied with either a newspaper or an Ipad, that is until the doorbell rang. "Who could be here this early?" Alan asked, placing the newspaper next to Glep. Glep peeked his head to the side, watching Alan walk out of the living room to go answer the door.

"What's this?" A monotone voice questioned, prompting Glep to jump off the couch and make a run to the doorway. Alan was looking at what appeared to be large package addressed to Glep, before he could call his roommate's name, Glep ran in-between his legs. "ITS HERE! ITS HERE!" Glep shouted excitedly. "What is here, Glep?" Alan snapped, placing his hand on his hip. Glep couldn't answer as he was too busy trying to push the heavy package into the house. "Well don't just stand there, Alan! Help me out here!" Glep said as Alan picked up the box. The two carried it to the living room, opening the box. Alan tore away at the packaging, still baffled at where this could have come from, better yet what Glep was even excited about. It wasn't until Glep pulled out a giant deflated fabric of sorts. "Wow...." he mused.

Upon further inspection, Alan noticed what seemed to be a plughole on one side of the item. "Glep? What did you order..." Alan questioned once again. "Oh, well. The other day, I was casually gaming in my room, when it dawned on me...My room was very...Boring." Glep explained. Alan let out a deep sigh of annoyance as his friend continued to explain. "So I did what any mature person would do and ordered a waterbed off Wish." The smaller critter continued. Silence fell for a moment, leaving Glep confused. "You ordered a FUCKING WATERBED?!" Alan shouted before stopping himself. "Sorry, Glep. I just...Wish you could have at least discussed this with me first." But Glep didn't care, he dragged the large bed upstairs to his room.

"So uh....How are we gonna fill this thing up?" Alan asked. "Oh yeah...Didn't think of that." Glep replied. "I'm sure its pretty easy. We'll just attach a hose to the plug and the bed will fill up in seconds." Glep looked everywhere for a way to fill his new waterbed, but there was not a plug to be seen. "Uhm...Alan. A little help here?" Glep asked. "Oh, I'm sorry. Why should I help someone who ordered a waterbed behind my back?" Alan retorted. Glep felt hurt by his friend's response, but ignored it. "So you mean to tell me I wasted $90 on....Nothing?" He mutted, with Alan's eye widening at the cost. "So THAT's why there was a charge on my credit card a few weeks ago. I thought it was a hacker!" Alan responded, and since this was his own money Glep spent, the critter wasted no time in bolting outside to find the garden hose.

"This thing better be long enough or I swear to God." Alan grumbled as he threw the hose up as if it were a lasso. The hose reached Glep's window perfectly, with the smaller critter being able to attach it to the bed no problem. "Thanks, Alan!!!!!" Glep yelled from a distance! "No problem! Just remember, you owe me $90 if this thing breaks!" Alan replied back from outside. Glep waited in a corner as the bed filled up, hoping it wouldn't take long. Alan came running back upstairs moments later to find out that the new waterbed took up almost the whole room! "Are you kidding me, Glep!?" He snapped once again. "What did you expect, dude! I wanted the largest size!" Glep responded, rolling his eyes. "Could we just move this so it isn't blocking the doorway?" Alan asked helping Glep move the bed to a decent spot. After they positioned the odd choice of nurniture, Alan took notice of a bunch of colorful dots floating around inside. "Glep? What are those?" He asked. Glep hopped on the bed and realized they were toy fish. "Ohhhh I asked for them to put toy fish inside! Cool, right?" Glep responded, but Alan couldn't take any more of this and walked out.