Horror Movie Night (💔)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I will be issuing a small emetophobia warning for a scene where one of the critters gets sick. Please proceed with caution if you are easily sensitive. Thank you and enjoy!

"Pim. We do NOT need that many blankets!" A very agitated Charlie said as he gazed upon Pim's blanket fort. The smaller pink critter emerged from his creation, "Aw, come on, Charlie! Where's your sense of inner child? I'd imagine Glep would wanna hide out here as well!" Pim mused. Charlie had been planning to have his fellow co-workers over to watch the latest horror movie "Bimblar II." But Pim isn't exactly the biggest fan of horror movies, especially considering the events of what happened beyond the bridge. Charlie knew Pim wasn't into horror movie, even going as far as to warning him that this particular film had a fair amount of gore in it as well, but Pim still insisted on coming. "Dude, you know you can back out at any time, right?" Charlie asked, Pim went back into his hideout and gave a thumbs up. The larger critter rolled his eyes, but knew Pim had his ways of distracting himself.

Suddenly, the cell phone rang. Charlie pulled the phone out of his hood pocket and answered "Hello?....Oh, hey Alan.....Uh huh? Yeah... You'll be here in 5? Sounds good..." Pim listened in on Charlie's conversation with Alan. "Yeah, Pim is gonna be hanging out with us, too." Charlie sighed. "I tried warning him numerous times that there would be a lot of violence, but he still insists on staying." The call ended moments later, leaving Charlie to go into the kitchen and grab snacks for the company. Pim was still setting up his blanket fort with some small things like his phone, a small fan, and plenty of room for snacks. The pink critter was living his dream, sure someone his age wouldn't think of doing something as silly as building a fort, but this was his way of escaping the unsettling scenes from the movie. "Yep....This is....Fine...." Pim said worried. Before he could settle in any further, he heard a knock on the door. "Just a second!" He called out before emerging from his fort and going to answer the door. As Pim ran to the door, there was another, much louder knock with Glep screaming "OPEN UP DAMMIT!" much to Alan's annoyance.

Pim quickly answered the door and greeted the other guests. "Wow. Charlie actually managed to clean his apartment for a change? I'm very impressed!" Alan said. Glep walked into the living room and quickly took notice of Pim's fort. "Oh my God! You guys built a fort for me?!" He squealed. "Uh, actually...That's for me. But you're welcome to share if you'd like!" Pim offered. Charlie soon came out with the large amount of snacks. Stuff like soda, chips, popcorn, etc. "About time you got here, Charlie. You did a nice job tidying up the place!" Alan complimented. "Yeah. Thanks, Alan. I'm not sure it'll be clean for long, you know." Charlie replied, hoping Alan wouldn't feel uneasy. "Uhhhh thanks for the warning...." Alan said sitting on the couch. Glep came out of the blanket fort with Pim, "This is a really cool fort, Pim. I admire this your craftsmanship." The green critter said. "Yeah...For an ADULT!" Alan scoffed, but Pim wasn't bothered, he was given snide remarks like this in the past, but he didn't care anymore. "Alright, guys. Settle in because its about to be....LIGHTS OUT!" Charlie then turned all the lights out in the living room, making the entire house pitch black. Glep and Pim screamed at the sudden blackout, before each critter was given a flashlight to use. "C-Charlie....Do we REALLY have to have the lights out? It could hurt our eyes!" Pim exclaimed. "Lighten up, Pim! Having the lights out only makes the movie even better!" Glep said hopping off the couch to grab a small bowl of popcorn. After that, Charlie went to start the movie.

The yellow critter stumbled in the dark space as he had to grab the DVD he had bought earlier that day, he grabbed the disc and slid it into the player. "I uh...Didn't think of putting the DVD in first. My mistake." Charlie snickered. "I get that, Charlie. I mean, a lot of us are used to using streaming services these days, but DVDS aren't that bad." Alan said holding a fist-full of popcorn from his bowl. "Yeah, I don't care for those things. They're too expensive. Plus once your favorite movie is taken off the platform, how will you be able to watch it?" Charlie responded, waiting for a response, "....Aw fuck it. Let's just watch the damn movie." He then picked up the remote and turned on his old, CRT television. By the time they had gotten to the third trailer, Pim had already gone back to his fort. He peeked out and whispered "Wanna stay in the fort with me, Glep?" said the pink critter. But Glep kindly declined while shoving a mouth full of M&MS. "Ok..." Pim mumbled as he went back to his fort. Alan looked over at Glep, who was already getting jacked up on sugary snacks. "Don't eat too much of that stuff, Glep. You know what happens afterwards!" Alan warned. "...Don't worry, Alan! I won't get sick like I did last time!" Glep replied with a mouthful of candy. "Uh huh? Tell me that again when you're busy throwing up." Alan said once more before fixating on the television. "Alright, guys. The movie is about to start!" Charlie said. He would know as he's watched this movie prior to the other critters coming over.

Pim watched for the first 5 or so minutes, before it finally got to the scene where the main characters were go get lost deep within a forest. "I CAN'T WATCH!" Pim exclaimed, dropping his popcorn bowl and going back inside his fort. "5 second rule!" A very hyperactive Glep chimed in, diving onto the ground to grab the remains of Pim's snack. "Pim this is like, the least scary scene in the entire film!" Charlie said rolling his eyes. "But, Charlie! What if they don't make it home? Did they bring a lunch? Oh, my mind is just racing with questions right now!" Pim responded shakily. "Dude, just chill! We're only 5 minutes in!" Charlie sighed, but Pim was not having it. Scary or not, any conflict-related scene would always worry him. "Those kids really should have stayed home, Charlie! Their mom had a good reason to worry!" Pim suggested, warranting a series of hushes from the other three critters. Pim quickly grabbed some snacks from the low table and stayed put in his hidey-hole. "How long is this movie, anyway?" Alan questioned. "About an hour or so, I think...: Charlie responded. Pim's eyes widened....An hour? He had to endure 55 more minutes of this? This was gonna be a long movie viewing.

Time passed as the scenes began to get more and more intense, and Charlie would start going into detail and explaining to the other critters on how each scene was put together. "See that right there? The people initially planned on using fake blood for this scene, but they felt it wouldn't be 'real enough' so the crew resorted to using, get this, HORSE BLOOD!" Pim screamed in horror, covering his face with a pillow. "EWWWWW!" Glep shrieked before beginning to feel sick. "Oh man...I don't feel good..." the green creature moaned cupping his tiny hands over his stomach. "Told ya so, Glep." Alan scolded. Pim peeked out, avoiding the screen. "Here, Glep. You can stay with me if you'd like." He offered, Glep mistook this as Pim being too scared to be alone and wanted company. "I'm fine, thank you. Its not like I'm gonna-" Glep then threw up various candies from stuff like M&MS and Jolly Ranchers. "To- Oh wait...I already said that." Alan said. The critters covered their noses at the smell of Glep's vomit. "I'll clean that up later." Charlie said. "No, for the sake of our noses, I'll clean it up for yo-" As Alan got up, he realized that....Well, that will be left to you to connect the dots.

Pim frowned and grabbed a sick Glep and brought him into the fort. "What are you doing, Pim?" The critter asked. Pim took a small blanket and tucked Glep in. "I'll get you a cup for you to use as a bucket...Just in case." Pim said hopping off the couch. "And get me a bucket of water for my foot!" Alan yelled from not far away. This was truly the worst movie night ever. Glep rubbed his sore eyes in exhaustion, hoping the movie would end soon, but he felt safe in Pim's fort since it was dark and the only light that was on was the flashlight on his phone. But soon enough, Pim returned with a plastic cup and a fair sized bowl of water for Alan to soak his foot in. After that, the night continued on as if nothing happened.

After the movie, Charlie turned on the lights, prompting everyone to cover their eyes as they were so well adjusted to the dark at that point. "So uh....How did you guys enjoy the movie?" Charlie asked nervously, rubbing his hands together. "It was great up until Glep threw up." Alan complained. "....I won't even bother to add in my two cents." Pim added. They waited for Glep to respond only for the green critter to ask "Can we go home now, Alan?" the tall red critter agreed and took his sick friend home. Pim climbed out of his fort and turned to Charlie, "Sorry the movie night didn't go as planned." He said bowing his head down. "Nah, its ok, pal. You didn't cause Glep to get sick or Alan to step in puke. Shit happens!" Charlie shrugged. Pim looked at the mess and offered to help Charlie clean up, but his offer was quickly rejected. "No worries, Pim. I can take care of this on my own. How about you just go home for now, ok?" The yellow critter said, reassuring his friend. Pim went home that night, while still shaken up, he still felt glad to help Glep out towards the end.

At least something good came out of an otherwise scary movie night.