[listening in] - chapter 8

these few chapters won't have much angst but adora and catra will, and a lot of romance and also some smut?? cuz it's the only thing i'm good at writing abt😭🫶 there wont be much angst but you dont have to read these chapters, i will label the ones that have angst + triggers when smut comes in, and also yes Melog was taken to Adora's house but was put in a small room because they kept ripping up Adora's shirts, but don't worry nothing bad will happen to Melog.

⚠️tw; smut (text will be in italics)

Adora had dropped Finn off at Scorpia's house since it was Flora's birthday and she needed to take care of someone else who was acting like more of a child. She unlocked the door, walking into the apartment, seeing Catra drinking another beer.

"Which one is that?"

She hiccuped and slurred her words
"Liiiiiike myyyy seventh?"

She was sat on the couch with pants on and no shirt, she just had a bra on and her hair was put into a short ponytail that looked like a rabbit's tail. Adora grabbed all the empty beer bottles from the table,

"Nooo, no I'll do it." She grabbed Adora's arm, she snatched her arm away and put the bottles away.

Catra felt Adora was sort of mad, she got up as Adora was cleaning up, she turned around, Catra grabbed her hands, pushing them against the counters.

"Are youu mad at me?"
Catra looked up at her, Adora tried to look away because all she could see was her body.

"I'm not mad-"

"You can tell me if you are! I don't mind."

Catra looked at her with regretful eyes, leaning closer, her warm breath hit Adora's neck. Adora's face was bright red, she was breathing quite fast. Catra was on the tip of her feet, her eyes reached her lips.

Adora quickly got away, leaning against the wall in embarrassment. She tried to calm herself down, Catra grabbed onto her arm

"I'm sorry if I upset youu." She slurred, but in the process of getting away Adora had hit her hand against the cabinet's handlebar. She rubbed her hand, and Catra seemed to notice this.

She grabbed Adora's hand, and began to lick it. Adora gasped, putting her other hand on her mouth.

"Wh- what are you doing?"

"You do it when somebody's hurt. Do you not want me to do it?" Catra let go of Adora's hand as Adora quickly put it by her side.

"I'm gonna- gonna go ta..ke a shower."

Catra sighed as she watched Adora speed walk into the bathroom, she slid her back against the bathroom door. There was silence for a moment and Catra was stuck with her thoughts,

Did she do something? Was it because she shouted at her? She felt so stupid, she felt like an absolute idiot. She shouted at the person who's letting her stay in their house for free? She put her fingers to her temples, she heard the shower turn on.

She was so stressed about making Adora feel bad, but heard something.. weird?

A slight groaning sound, as she put her ear against the door, she heard small moans and heavy breathing. The steam of the hot water seeped out from under the door. As she listened more, she heard Adora almost whimper like a dog, moaning. Catra blushed a little, then hearing Adora quietly moan her name made Catra blush profusely, she gasped putting her hand in front of her mouth. She could only imagine what Adora looked like, her body, her face. She began to breathe harder and faster, covering her mouth. Her heart was racing. Catra stood up, hearing Adora moan faster and louder but as if she was holding herself back or even biting on something. Catra was about to reach for the handle, then moving away. What was she thinking? She walked away and sat on the bed.

Catra waited for a little, she bit her fingers lightly. She saw the door open, and Adora step out with a towel wrapped around her shoulders with her hair open, her cheeks were red, she had a pair of shorts on and a long t-shirt on. Catra looked at her for a moment and smiled, Adora was too embarrassed to look at her so she simply ignored her and was drying her hair.

Catra walked behind her and grabbed the hair dryer of her.

"Here, I'll do it for you." Adora gasped, fidgeting with her hands as Catra dried her hair, she grabbed her by her chin and lifted her head up.

"I can't dry the top of your head if you keep looking down"

Adora tried her best not to look at Catra, but couldn't help it. She stared at her, getting lost in her eyes. Catra was focused on her hair, but she knew Adora was staring at her.

Catra smiled at her gently, slowly getting closer. Adora's face was getting hot, after she was done drying her hair, Catra asks

"Do you want me to straighten it too?"

Adora shook her head, quickly getting up and reaching for the straightener, Catra sighed and grabbed her by the back of her neck softly, pulling her back. Catra sat on the couch and Adora fell back between her legs, she looked down and covered her mouth, breathing hard.

Her heartbeat was getting faster, Catra straightened Adora's hair, she sat still, her face was still bright red.

"Hey, did you fall in the shower or something?"

Adora froze,
"Wh-what?" She laughed a little nervously.

"Well, I just heard you groan a little, so I thought you fell."

"Yeah, I did ahah." She smiled innocently, then looked down at her hands, blushing intensely. Catra smirked, feeling her heartbeat getting faster, as if it was going to burst out of her body.

Catra wrapped her hand around her neck, feeling her pulse.

"You're breathing quite fast, are you alright?"

Adora took a deep breath, feeling Catra's cold hands on her skin. She nodded, not able to turn to face her. After they were finished, Catra left to go to the bedroom.

She sees Adora squeal and smack her face, holding her face in her hands as she looked up and groaned with a bright red face.

Catra laughed to herself, thinking about Adora's face and reactions whilst cleaning up Adora's bed.

Catra's tail was up high, indicating her happiness, Adora noticed this through the crack in the door, she smiled to herself. A small gesture that meant almost all the world to Adora.

Adora got up, walking into the bedroom. She rubbed Catra's tail, she turned around to see Adora with a giant, dorky smile. She placed her finger on her forehead,

"What's with the smile?" She smirked and joked with her

"Nothing. You just have a pretty laugh." Adora watched her slowly put her hands to her side, her tail rise up higher and her ears perk up. Her eyes lit up and widened,

"You think so?"

She nodded, Catra smiled to herself and chuckled softly.

"Thank you." She said as she held Adora's arm, walking past her. Then turning around and holding her by the waist,

"You should straighten your posture, you look like you have a hump." She giggled as she whispered into Adora's ear. Adora suddenly stood up straight like a trained dog. Catra laughed to herself as she walked out, she facepalmed herself, then fell forward landing face first on her bed.

if i knew a catra like this, i would be single-handedly crying for how much i want her. 😭 okay anyways expect more flirting next chapter.