[control] - chapter 7

(her haircut ig idk)

After exiting the barber's she ran her hands through her hair

She'd gained some control back, being able to control her hair was a start. She smiled at the feeling, maybe it was freedom, maybe it was a fresh start. Whatever it was, it created a fuzzy feeling inside her as if her blood was boiling inside her.

Soon, it began to rain quite heavily. Which caused Adora to ring her straight away

"Hey, are you still out, do you want me to pick you up?"

Catra agreed, and Adora came to pick her up. Catra got into the car and buckled her seatbelt, as they waited at a red light, Catra pulled her hood down and looked at her with eyes that made her look like a kitten

"Do.. Do you like it?"

Adora stared for a moment, her mouth opened wide, she pushed her mouth closed and clearing her voice. She looked beautiful, lovely like a different person, like a person that was going through changes.

She'd been through so much, yet in this moment in time, it seemed everything had frozen and life had focused on us, on her. Her eyes lit up when she stared at Adora, she began to form a smile, she looked perfect, maybe even more than perfect.

Catra's ears were perking up waiting for Adora's opinion.

"Pretty.. you look pretty." Catra smiled into her jacket, staring at the road in front of her. As the light turned green, Adora drove forward, a smile formed and a laugh under her breath. She blushed slightly, Catra grabbed her arm

"Hey, can you.. do me a favour?"

"What is it?"

"Take me to my house."

"What?"

"Please."

Adora said nothing and went silent, slight disappointment on her, she frowned.

***

When the finally arrive, Catra got out first, she walked up to the front door. Adora turned the car off, she held her shoulder, making Catra jump, her tail fluffed up for a moment, she ran her hand down it, smoothing it back to normal.

She opened the door, no one was there. It was just utter silence and Catra's heavy breathing. She walked into the kitchen, it was a mess, glasses had been broken and everything was on the floor.

They were both shocked, as they walked up the stairs, Adora held onto Catra's arm.

Catra walked to the bedroom, taking a deep breath, she went to walk in

"You don't have to do this."

"I want to."

"Catra. You're not really going to go back, are you?"

"Why are you questioning my choices?!"

"I'm not but please Catr-"

Catra clenched her fists,

"Don't act like you know what we've- I've been through."

"Catra, you're not listening to-"

"If you don't want to be here, leave. I didn't ask you to come with me, I didn't ask you to come save me!"

Adora sighed, her eyes widened. She tried to save Catra from her choices once more by grabbing onto her shoulder, about to open her mouth once more, until Catra moved her hand away.

"Leave, I don't need you to save me. I can do this on my own." Catra looked down, she pushed the handle down, walking in. There was water seeping from under the door that led to the bathroom. Catra looked around, seeing the covers off the bed.

"Honey?!"

She froze, she thought if she should run or not, her heart beat harder.

"Honey!!" She looked down to see Violet on her knees, her hair was a mess, the cut on her arm was worse it looked as if she'd scratched at it until it stopped bleeding.

"I thought you'd left me!"

Catra stared at her, her face dead serious. Violet's face was stained with her tears - her eyes lit up and she had a grand smile on her face, she got up, running to her. Catra stretched her arm out to stop her.

"Don't you dare touch me."

Violet gently smile,

"My love, please. I'm sorry. Everyone's left me, everyone! Even my brother. Please!"

Catra stared her in the eyes, tears forming in her eyes

"We're done, my love."

Violet looked at her with loving eyes, walking to her slowly, she cupped her cheek in her hand

"You don't want this."

Catra smiled gently into her touch, so many memories, so much regret. She grabbed her arm,

"Why of course I do." She said with a straight face, tears began to stream down her face.

"I hate you so much." Catra said through her tears.
"Why did you do that to me? Do you know how much it hurt? You were torturing me, and enjoyed it."

New tears followed in the same path as the old one, Violet wiped them away. She turned back, Catra grabbed her chin and made her look at her.

"You betrayed me, you betrayed the person you loved." Catra turned away, wiping her tears away, walking out of the door but stopped

"You had to have loved me once, right? Or was it all just apart of your plan to destroy me?"

Violet smiled at Catra, a soft smile, a gentle smile. A smile that showed innocence,

"I always loved you." She mouthed, she watched Catra walk down the stairs, dropping to her knees and crying her heart out. Her voice ran shrill, she sobbed onto the floor, grabbing the carpet and hitting her head against the floor.

Catra exited the house, falling to her knees, sobbing. She held her hands to her eyes, she felt two hands wrap around her and hold her gently, her warm breath frisked Catra's forehead.

Adora carried Catra inside of the car as she sat in the passenger seat, looking out of the window - refusing to look at her. Her eyes were red and puffy, Adora frowned.

A strange atmosphere had engulfed both of them, it was tense, unwanted - but it was sort of nice, it gave her a rush of adrenaline.
Adora slowly reached her hand towards Catra, holding her hand.

It was a comfort they both needed, but it wasn't enough, yet it seemed to calm Catra down.

"I'm proud of you.."

Catra's eyes widened yet she kept her eyes fixated on the window.

a/n: brooo i hate this idk why it feels rushed, but anyways all they have to do now is fall in love. yeah wont be that easy.