22.9

Tej, Letty, Ramsey, and Roman are walking towards the plane when they hear two engines roaring in the distance, causing them all to stop

Tej, Letty, Ramsey, and Roman are walking towards the plane when they hear two engines roaring in the distance, causing them all to stop. Letty lightly laughs as they see Bellamy and Dom racing towards them before Bellamy actually beats Dom.

MONTEQUINTO

"Coming up on the signal, two miles," Ramsey says over the comms from Tej's passenger seat as Dom leads the group. "It's deep in the militarized zone of Montequinto. I hope everyone's ready."
"Ready? Y'all want to make jokes about me not making practical decisions? This is as prepared as it gets," Roman questions as he drives his heavily armored vehicle, causing Bellamy to roll her eyes.
"We all see you, man. Nobody thinks you're compensating for anything," Tej tells him sarcastically, causing Ramsey to laugh.
"I'll take point," Letty says as she drives up beside Dom on her bike.
"Careful," Dom tells her, causing Letty to roll her eyes.
"Careful's when you get hurt," Letty retorts as she pops a wheelie on her bike before leading the team.
"She's got a point, bro," Bellamy says as she passes Dom to catch up to Letty on her own bike.
"Right now, we have a ten-minute window between patrols," Ramsey explains as she pulls up a screen showing Mr. Nobody's plane's location before using a different screen to look at where the patrols are. "Mr. Nobody's signal is close, but we've got to move quickly, guys. We do not want to cross paths with the military here." Ramsey and Tej share a worried look before they pull up to the plane wreckage. Tej, Dom, and Roman get out of their vehicles with guns at the ready. "It's inside."
"Cover us," Dom orders before he and Bellamy lead the way inside the plane with Ramsey following them. Letty slowly follows behind them as she keeps her gun raised. Roman and Tej walk around the wreckage looking for any signs of life.
"The source of the SOS signal is coming from inside this thing," Ramsey says as her device starts beeping before she walks over to an touch screen keypad that is in the floor.
"Somebody wanted in," Bellamy says with raised eyebrows as she sees where someone had tried busting into the box. "Plane must have gone down before they could cut through." Tej walks into the plane since he couldn't find anyone.
"Or it was sent down on purpose to stop 'em," Letty suggests as she looks up at Dom.
"Yeah, well, their mistake was trying to cut into it," Ramsey says as she looks up at them from where she is kneeled by the keypad. "But just give me a minute. I can get in."
"Dom," Roman says quietly as he walks into the plane, causing Dom to look at him. "There's not a soul in sight. No sign of Mr. Nobody."
"Got it," Ramsey says after a device beeps before she opens the box to find a smaller box inside. Letty kneels down to help her open the second box.
"What the hell is this?" Letty asks as she pulls out half of a sphere shaped device.
"Whatever it is, Mr. Nobody wanted us to find it. How's that work..." Dom answers her before he is interrupted by gun fire. "Go!" Ramsey runs to Tej's truck as Bellamy and Letty run to their bikes before Letty puts the device under her seat while Dom, Tej, and Roman cover them. Roman runs for his vehicle but ends up in front of two of the military vehicles, causing him to duck for cover. Dom runs to his car while Tej runs to his truck. Bellamy and Letty lead them away from the plane while Roman is left behind. Dom follows Letty as two military vehicles start heading towards them while Tej follows Bellamy. Letty weaves as the soldiers start shooting at her before Dom drives around her taking all of the hits with his car.