The First Hug

Jo precap daala tha usko bhool jaiye cause likhte waqt yeh kuch aur hi ban gaya(sorry)

Early morning,

Anubhav was reading newspaper sitting on their garden swing.The gardener was planting saplings.Haseena came there with a small flower basket to pick flowers for Puja.Both Anuseena looked at each other but Anubhav immediately moved his gaze and concentrated back on his newspaper.

HM started plucking flowers..after plucking some marigolds,calotropis,Hibiscus and Basil leaves she went near the crepe Jasmine plant.

Suddenly a pair of hands pulled her and she collided with well built chest of the man.

HM: Aapne aise khincha kyun?(she asked Anubhav,startled at the suddenness of the incident.)

AS: Dekhkar chala kijiye..aur tum(to the gardener)dhyan kaha raheta hain aise idhar udhar sab phaila k rakkha hain(he scolded him)

Haseena looked down to find a grubber on the ground, pointing upside.

HM: Shukriya...(Anubhav immediately left her and turned to go.)Anubhavji humari baat toh suniye(but he had already left.)
——————
Two days later,

Haseena went to Maa's room to give her medicines.

HM: Maa yeh kya dekh rahi hain aap?(she asked seeing Maa seeing something in a book and smiling.)

Maa: Idhar aake baith humare paas tujhe bhi dikhate hain.

She sat beside Maa and gave her the medicine, gulping it down she spoke...

Maa: Yeh dekh humare parivar ka chitradhar.Khaas shaher jaakar yeh tasveerein khinchwayi thi hum logo ne.(she said placing the album infront of her)

Both the ladies started seeing the photos of the album.After turning a few pages Haseena's eyes stopped on a young boy's picture.He had a goofy smile on his face and was holding a book in his hand.

HM: Maa yeh Anubhavji hain na?

Maa: Sahi pahechana tune...15saal ka tha Anu uswaqt..(she said smiling)

Haseena keenly looked at the picture,even though the picture was black and white she could clearly see the words written on the book in the picture.

HM: "The Last Poem"?Yeh toh Tagore ki sabse romantic kitabon mein se ek hain..Anubhavji k paas kaise!(she murmured)

Maa: Kya badbada rahi hain?

HM: Maa yeh Anubhavji k haath mein jo kitab hain yeh unka hain?Nahi matlab...woh toh aisi kitabein nahi padhte..

Maa: Haa uska hain....Tujhe pata nahi apne padhai k alawa Anu ka pura din in kavitayen aur upanyaso mein hi bit jata tha...iske baba bohot daant te the isse..toh yeh chhup chhup kar kitabein padhta tha....jis Anu ko tu abhi dekhti hain na woh to koi aur hi hain...humara Anu toh humesha hansta khelta raheta tha,Shaanti Priya  ladka tha...Uske baba ki dawav mein aakar usse yeh sab maar pith sikhna pada...pata hain tujhe bohut accha gayak hain Anubhav...uski bua daadi toh jab bhi aati thi usse gana suna ne k liye kaheti thi..ek sitar bhi bhent mein diya tha use.

HM: Sach mein maa...hume toh yakeen hi nahi hota.(she said smiling)...

Meanwhile Anubhav entered the room...

AS: Maa bahar humne hisaab ki kitab rakhhi thi apne dekha hain?

HM: woh bahar padi hui thi toh humne apke study mein rakh diya hain..table k dayein taraf ka pahela daraz.. usi mein hain.(Anubhav only hummed in response.Maa could feel the tension between them.)