• don't try and hide

mgc.

thursday, 11th june

the bell indicating the start of the lunch break had only rang a minute or two ago as i was walking over to my locker. my gaze was fixed on the grey floor until i opened my locker among the long row of others, and put my books inside. it was quite busy in the hallway, people were all around the place. i had just closed my locker again until someone pushed me hard, my forehead banging onto it. i swore to myself and didn't even have to turn around to know who it was.

"piss off, calum," i half snapped, half mumbled as i faced him.

"watch your language, freak," he shot back as he pushed me once more. this time the back of my head hit it - if i wasn't already dizzy enough after the first time - and i groaned in annoyance and slight pain. i shut my eyes and rubbed the back of my head, hoping nothing more than that he would just turn around and leave.

"come on, cal," his clingy boyfriend whined as he pulled at his arm. his name was luke and he was much rather calum's girlfriend than his boyfriend. he was always around his neck, always clinging onto him like a koala. i admitted that his looks weren't bad but the way he acted made me dislike him, so annoying and dependent. i wouldn't be able to stand him for a day. he never took an effort to stop his sad excuse of a boyfriend in bullying me. he was the one who walked along with a group but didn't really have a role in it. the only good thing about him was that he never joined calum in being this way, he'd never called me names and he'd never let me trip whatsoever.

calum laughed it off as he flung his arm over his girlfriend's shoulder, turning their backs at me. i glared at the couple as they walked away towards the cafeteria and kissed somewhere in the middle.

calum was the 'new guy' in our school since a couple of days, though everyone already looked up to him from the second he walked in. he had this punk attitude yet everyone still melted as soon as he smiled. he thought it was okay to use his charisma to get away with bullying people, to ruin their lives to make his own seem better. but i was considering to prove him wrong.

three weeks to go until i could.

🌙

tuesday, 16th june

i was sitting in one of the front seats in the classroom. i preferred it, always being in the front, because otherwise i'd get distracted by the people in front of me. people were always whispering to each other or tapping with their feet, little things that could ruin my concentration.

i was paying all my attention to the teacher, when suddenly i felt something small against the back of my head, followed by soft laughter. it wasn't from far behind me but i didn't even have to turn around to know it was calum. i breathed in deeply and tried to ignore him, but only seconds later there was another piece of crumbled paper thrown at my head. i sighed and brushed them out of my hair before turning around.

"stop it," i whisper-yelled to the smirking boy. he was looking so annoying and arrogant that i had to keep myself from standing up and kicking him in the face.

though i didn't, because i already knew how i was going to get my revenge. i knew it very well so i kept myself calm for the rest of the hour, even through the endless amount of paper pieces that were thrown at my head and got stuck in my hair.

i still wasn't completely sure if i should show him how fragile he actually was compared to me, to show him what i could do to him. i felt like it would be too extreme, so i thought and thought the entire time. i wondered endlessly and i could not make up my mind, not yet.

but i still had over two weeks left to decide.

🌙

friday, 19th june