• stuck on loving you

mgc.

i can remember the day i saw him for the first time. it was on sydney's beach on a hot spring day. he was with a large group of friends. i was there with my best friend ashton. it was really hot and the sun was burning onto my skin. i didn't like it, rather being inside on my couch instead of being out there getting a sunburn. it had been dreadful but after a while ashton had finally agreed on going back. we had walked past the hot lad again and i couldn't help myself from staring at him.

he just made a jump before smashing the ball over the net, his abs flexing, his tattooed and muscled arms looking absolutely beautiful in the sun. he had dark hair and all i could think of was that he was hot as hell. maybe even hotter than that. we were quite close to him and he started cheering as the ball hit the sand on the other side of the net, making his opponents groan in defeat.

i had been staring so absentmindedly that i hadn't noticed the little abandoned sand castle in front of my feet. i tripped over it and fell forward to almost go head first in the sand, but was lucky my arms caught me just in time. my body hit the sand and i cursed. i wanted to stand up as quickly as possible but a sharp pain in my left lower arm kept me from it.

"shit," i mumbled, sitting up, trying to figure out what the pain was coming from.

"are you okay?" ashton asked worriedly, crouching down beside me. i clenched my jaw shut tightly, trying to contain myself from squealing because my arm hurt, it hurt really bad. it wasn't a moment after as i felt a warm liquid dripping down, red landing on the sand. only then i saw the rock below me which had about the same colour as the sand, sharp edges sticking out of it here and there.

all the eyes of the volleyball guys were on me. i got so uncomfortable but there was nothing i could do. the one which was the closest ran over to me immediately as soon as he noticed the blood. when i looked up i saw it was the beautiful boy with the dark eyes. he crouched down beside me as i tried to calm my breathing, not sure if it was from the feeling i had been stabbed or because of him. his jawline was even sharper than that rock and his abs were subtle but i couldn't imagine anything hotter, even not the burning sand against my bum.

"wow, are you alright?" he asked. i quickly nodded even though it took all of me not to start crying right there. more blood dripped down and i flinched as i tried to move my arm. "you're gonna have to disinfect that," he continued. "here, i'll help you up."

i hesitantly grabbed his hand with my right arm and he helped me up, ashton standing up as well. the hot guy told his friends to carry on the game before taking me to the life guard who cleaned and bandaged the cut that was quite large.

"fuck, that hurts," i whispered, squeezing the boy's hand with my other hand. i trembled but he squeezed back which kind of calmed me down. i was glad it didn't take too long and after thanking the man, we went back.

"so, what's your name?" the boy asked, looking at me as we walked. i looked back, almost drowning in the mysteriousness that his eyes hid. they were big and puppy-like and made my breath hitch.

"michael," i replied, looking down at the sand again. "yours?"

"i'm calum," he sweetly said. i nodded. it fit him.

"thank you, calum," i said. it was really kind of a stranger to help in a situation like this, most people would have shrugged and walked away if someone else got hurt. i had only spoken a few words with him but i knew he was a good person. not only because of that moment but i could see it in his eyes, the innocence that was hidden in them, that he wouldn't be the person to hurt a fly.

we had been making small talk as we walked back to his field where ashton still was as well. from a distance i could see that he had joined the game, probably replacing calum as he just smashed the ball and scored. the guys started to cheer at him and they all laughed, it seemed like a cool group of lads. there was a boy on the team on ashton's side who flung his arm around ashton's shoulders in victory, laughing and saying something that was too far out of my reach to hear. the boy was a bit taller than ashton and had a blonde quiff. as soon as he saw that calum and i were back again he started waving.