• what about another chance

lrh.

it wasn't when we were hanging out with the lads, watching a movie in our shared hotel room. when michael lied in my lap, my face buried in his hair as my arms were wrapped around his body. when calum and ashton decided to go out to get us all some food and when michael had turned his face to me. we were both tired from the show we had just played, so we didn't have the energy to even talk, we just stared into each other's eyes.

my ears were still buzzing from the noise and my heart had been beating fast the entire time but this was a different kind of fast, something that rose to my cheeks. my hands slid up and down his back and suddenly his hand that was once on my chest went up, and he cupped my face. his lips were a little bit parted as his eyes were on me, looking like he was studying my entire face. from my eyes to my nose and then down to my lips.

it felt like the entire moment was in slow motion, not as awkward as it could have been. it was nice and warm with him pressed up against me, face closer to mine than ever before. then his forehead was against mine, eyes looking down and cheeks flushed a bit. i thought he looked cuter than ever, if that was possible because to me he always looked cute. it just felt so weird that in that moment everything felt different. i'd never had the desire of kissing him before, because he was my friend.

though i couldn't help it, i couldn't help myself from leaning forward and to close my eyes. he seemed to feel the same, breath falling onto my lips as we came closer and closer to each other, noses touching. i was just about to take the last step, to press my lips against his but ashton's laughter was audible in the hallway, soon followed by the door being unlocked. michael and i quickly opened our eyes again, faces separating from the close distance we'd been as the scent of food was starting to reach our noses.

it wasn't when michael and i had escaped from getting mobbed back in england not much later, hearing people aggressively scream out our names in a distance. he had pulled me into the mass of people that walked down the busy street, away from the screams to find an escape which was a very narrow alley. rain was starting to pour down and we were pressed up against each other not to be seen, to stay hidden until we were safe to come out again.

we had been there for a while and we thought we could come out until we heard them from up close, recognising their voices and i held on to him even more tightly. they hadn't noticed us and they decided to give up because the rain was becoming worse and it was cold but michael held me in his safe, warm arms. he was rubbing my shoulders as he looked at me with those green kitten eyes, that irresistible look that drove me insane. the same feeling i'd had in the hotel room crept up on me and i bit my lip, noticing he looked down at it. our hair and faces were getting soaked but neither of us did really mind, caught up by the moment and by how close we were all of a sudden.

we had been that close before quite often, both loving to cuddle on the couch or even in bed at times when it was cold. though it hadn't ever made me this nervous to be this close to him, i'd never paid attention to all these little details that were visible. the imperfections on his face like the scar between his eyes and the little pimple on his chin, the stubble that covered his jawline. i'd never noticed what a beautiful shade of green his eyes were until right then as i stared at them, him staring back right at me.

he caressed my cheek just like he had when we almost kissed on the couch. my face felt like it had the shade as red as a tomato, my legs wobbled under my body. i brought my hands up to his neck, my fingers brushing against his soft hair. we leaned in and our noses touched and all i could think was holy shit. i was just about to close the last remaining space between us until my phone started making its annoying noise and i groaned. i saw michael's eyes fluttering open again and that's when we both got awkward.