Chapter 25

I sucked in a silent breath at the sight. What should I do? He hadn't been expecting me, and I was feeling awkward. Maybe this was a mistake?

I swallowed and continued backing Pearl up until I turned her, intending to ride quietly away when Aiden's voice met my ears, "Taylor?" I turned back and looked at him.

He released the other woman and walked over towards me, and for the first time since I had known him, I felt the desire to escape his presence.

"What are you doing here? Are you alright?" he asked, studying me. His head cocked just the tiniest bit as he evaluated what he saw on my face.

"Guess you're busy, so I'll see you tomorrow," I said softly, about to turn back and leave, when he finally reached me, putting a hand on my calf, looking up at me with those deep blue eyes of his.

"Taylor," his voice was calm and imploring. I just looked at him silently. A small smile crept onto his face and touched his eyes.

"Come here," he gently said, reaching for me. I hesitated, my eyes darting up to the woman standing by the ranch house steps, watching us closely. Aiden followed my gaze for a second and then smiled back at me.

"Don't make me chase you down because I'd catch you," he whispered.

"Aiden, you're obviously busy. It's ok. I'll just come back tomorrow. I didn't mean to interrupt, and I don't want to be a bother," I said, looking at him. He started laughing and then smiled at me, reaching for me. I reached down and let him pull me to him from the saddle.

When I was standing below him, he smiled and whispered, "You could never be a bother, Taylor."

"But you're busy. You have a guest. It's ok, I'll just come back tomorrow, when you're expecting me, we can talk then," I said. He smiled at me like he thought I was being cute, making me blush.

"Come here and meet my sister," he said, reaching up and stroking my cheek. I must have paled because he started laughing again and leaned over me more, completely hiding me from her view. "She's not going to bite you, Taylor," he said with a smirk on his mouth, but his eyes were kind and caressing as he said his words.

I went from white to red at his teasing and bit my lip, feeling shy. His smirk deepened, and I met his eyes as he looked at me, enjoying my blush and shyness.

"I already told her about you, Taylor," he said quietly through his smirk. My mouth popped open in shock. It meant he was serious about me if he had already told his sister about me. That gave me a funny feeling in the center of my chest, heating my cheeks and ears as I closed my mouth.

His smirk slowly spread into an amused smile that grew until laughter bubbled out of him. He reached out and held my face, bringing his lips down to mine for a quick kiss, making me even redder.

"Aiden," I said, looking around me nervously. "Your sister is watching." He laughed again, and I saw a mischievous gleam come to his eye.

Quicker than I could stop him, he wrapped me up in his arms and dipped me as I screeched and kissed me slowly before he set me back up. I had to be redder than a tomato as he released me, laughing his delight at my reaction.

I heard the tinkling sound of feminine laughter coming from over by the ranch house, making me want to bury my face in my hands from embarrassment. I couldn't believe just how smug a look was on Aiden's face, his eyebrow raised, an almost feral quality to his grin, as he looked at me with darkened eyes. I glared at him, making him laugh again, as he reached for my hand. He walked us over to the woman who was smiling broadly at us.

"Taylor, this is my sister Andrea. Andrea, this is Taylor," Aiden gently said. Aiden released my hand when Andrea extended hers so I could take it.

"Nice to meet you, Taylor. Aiden's told me a lot about you," she smiled. My shy gaze wandered back to Aiden, and he smiled down at me before we both turned back to his sister.