Known Pt. 2

As Roseanne Park set foot in a place she had not been in a long time, everything seemed so foreign. Now that she is moving here with her family, she is going to adapt to the new environment. She is anxious about the upcoming changes, but it's fortunate that she will be reuniting with an old friend at her new school.

She hugged the jacket closer to her body as she was still getting used to the chilly weather in Seoul. She carried on her lonesome walk, taking the opportunity to observe everything that moved in the starry night. She ultimately found herself in a much more serene area beside a river where there are few people.

Her gaze remained fixed on the dark, swirling water before she closed her eyes and attempted to concentrate on the peaceful stillness. She opened her eyes, trembling in the bitter cold, and turned to leave. However, as she turned, another body unintentionally slammed into hers. She immediately caught the other person's body to prevent them from falling.

She didn't have time to look at the stranger when the stranger rapidly moved away, keeping a downward gaze the entire time, and bowed slightly in apology before walking away. Roseanne may not have had enough time to look at the person's face, but she did pay attention to the person's shaking hand that was carrying a notebook.

Roseanne continued staring at her back figure until she was far enough to be no longer visible to the eye. At that moment, she wondered that despite the chilliness of the weather, she unknowingly felt warmth surging through her chest. Before she could go after the person, her phone rang indicating she had to go back home.

•••

Another evening in Seoul passed, and this time she was having dinner at a high - priced restaurant with her family and other relatives. She laughed and spoke pleasantly to each member of her family. After a long period of time, she felt joy in her heart as she spoke to her relatives. She simply smiled as she noticed her sister and parents' radiant smiles, and at that moment she knew she would be happy living here.

She immediately rose up in need of some fresh air, pleased that the restaurant had a rooftop to enjoy the view on. She headed to the rooftop puzzled after finding the door open while wearing her coat for warmth. As soon as she took another stride, fireworks started to fly across the sky. She might have been in awe of that view, but she wasn't paying attention to the sparkling lights above her.

Her eyes were concentrating on a recognizable back figure who was gazing up at the sky.

Her heart started hammering on her chest and she slowly took small steps towards the person but before she could say a word, she saw the woman's shoulders shaking and teardrops hitting the cold floor. The familiar notebook was thrown on the ground, and the wind had caused the pages to turn to the next page.

Releasing a deep breath, she cautiously approached her and gave up her coat to the girl who wasn't wearing a thick layer to warm her up. She stood beside her and handed out her coat to her. The stranger was startled making her slightly jumped in shock.

Roseanne put the coat into the stranger's arms so she wouldn't have to look her in the eyes, then she quickly turned around to leave.

She paused when she felt eyes on her back, expecting a reprimand to come, but nothing did. She couldn't understand why the person wasn't saying a word. She shrugged off the thought and, being the kind person that she is, said two things to the girl.

"Stay warm."

•••

After the dinner, Roseanne was about to say farewell to her aunt and uncle when she noticed the stranger standing on the sidewalk. She smiled a little as she noticed how the woman looked tiny and adorable with her coat on.