24

It's a nightmare. It's his nightmare. It's his worst nightmare.

He has no control over his body, over his life.

He just has to go along with it.

Steven rests in the back of the body, in the back of the brain.

Able to be heard, but barely.

So close, and yet so far from the one he wants.

He's simply just stuck, even as Marc hops from rooftop to rooftop and leaves Cleo behind.

Marc approaches the men on the rooftop, just as they drive a knife into the stomach of the one person he was looking for.

" Oh, shit. You killed him. I needed to talk to that guy," Marc comments, drawing the attention to him, " About a dig site. Guess I'm gonna have to talk to you instead."

" You're too late," One of them sneers as they all draw their weapons, " You're never gonna find Harrow."

The man throws his knife up into the air and catches it, then scraps it against the floor.

" What, are we dancing? We fighting? What are we gonna do?"

The first one attacks with a battle cry, trying to slice Marc with two blades, but he easily dodges the attack. He grabs the man and shoves him to the floor by the side of his face. He throws a kick, then gets hit in the back. He turns around to face the kid who tries to plunge a knife into his chest, but Marc blocks it and gets him on the ground. At first, he forms a fist, but his palm opens and smacks the kid on the head.

Marc blocks yet another attack, grabbing both of the man's arms and using his head to knock him back down. He kicks the knife out of his hands, but this allows his attacker to grab his shirt.

The kid picks up the knife and attempts to throw it at Marc's head, but it lands in the basket beside his head.

Marc gets backed into the corner with a kick and a punch. He covers his head as he ducks underneath the arms of the attackers to go back to the middle of the roof. As Marc brings his hands up, the attacker brings the blade to his mouth and licks the cool steel. And in that moment, Cleo jumps down from the tall ledge to land on the attackers shoulders. She kicks the knife out of his chest and grips his arms with her calves as her thighs tightly squeeze his neck until he drops to the floor. They land with a thud, but as the man reaches for the blade, Cleo kicks him in the face with her boot and goes to stand up, but as she does another attacker tackles her to the ground. She shoves her elbow into his chest, making him wheeze, then brings her legs up to wrap around his head. She rolls them over so she's on top, then delivers a punch to his jaw as the child attempts to attack Marc once more.

Everything seems perfectly under control, that is until Marc's eyes roll back into his head as Steven takes over the body

Everything seems perfectly under control, that is until Marc's eyes roll back into his head as Steven takes over the body. Cleo stands up to grab a knife, but before she can go attack, Steven holds her back.