21

Marc continues with his grumpy attitude on the trip back to the building. He insists against it, but Cleo doesn't listen, she must get her affairs in order. She forces Marc to pack a bag, despite him saying he doesn't need one. She finishes packing her bag and leaves a message for the landlady to take care of her cat while she's away. Marc stand outside of her door while she gets ready, refusing to leave her alone, despite him not wanting to join her in the first place.

Cleo exits her flat and locks the door, leading Marc out of the building and into a cab. Of course, he tries to argue, but he gets shushed, and so he stays quiet for the remainder of the car ride.

The cab drops them off at an airfield, not London City, and definitely not Heathrow. Cleo pays the fare and exits the cab with Marc right behind her. He follows her into the air field, looking around at the dark surroundings to be sure that they're not followed. She then turns around and grabs Marc's wrist to check his watch. She drops his wrist and gives him her bag, telling him to stay where he is. He watches as she walks into one of the hangars, and inside, fast asleep in a cot tucked into the corner, she finds exactly who she's looking for. She shoves the blankets off of the man, and he gasps awake.

" Quién (Who)" He starts, but upon seeing Cleo, he groans, " Ay, no."

" Hola, Diego," Cleo says as she crosses her arms.

" Estoy fuera de horario (I'm off the clock)"

" Necesito un favor (I need a favor)"

Diego sighs as he scratches his chin.

" Dondé? (Where?)"

" Cairo."

Diego begins to chuckle, showing off his white and yellow teeth as he stands up from the cot.

" Ahora? (Now?)"

" Ahora mismo (Right now)"

Diego narrows his eyes at the woman, copying her stature and crosses his arms.

" Cuantos? (How many?)"

" Dos (Two)"

Diego stays silent as he contemplates whether or not he should go through with it or not, but given there history, he obliges.

As Diego prepares his plane, Cleo goes back to get Marc and drags him to the hangar. He's weary, untrusting of the Spaniard stranger, but seeing as Cleo trusts him, he must, too.

Once inside the plane, Diego acts as if he's a commercial airline pilot, and he makes Cleo chuckle. Marc, however, does not. His face remains neutral, his eyes flickering in between the two, and Cleo easily picks up on the tension.

" Are you always this closed off?" She asks.

He remains silent, and while his mouth may not be moving, his eyes give everything away. Cleo looks past his tough guy look, and sees something vulnerable in his eyes. It's similar to the look in Steven's eyes... but slightly different, and it just confirms her theory about them, but she keeps it to herself for the time being.

From her back, Cleo pulls out a book, and Marc lets a scoff slip through his lips. Her eyes meet his, and he still remains silent, and so will she. She turns her attention to her book and opens the pages.

Their roughly 5 hour flight is occupied by Marc staring out the window, embodying the grumpy old man archetype, while Cleo simply reads her book, letting her mind relax, giving her a moment to herself in the chaotic mess she finds herself to be in.

Unfortunately for them, once they arrive in the continent of Africa, they're greeted with a wild heat. The plane lands in the desert just outside of the city, in the middle of the day at the height of the hot weather they must now face.