2

" You're doing great today Cleo..."

"... and how do you feel about that?..."

" It's okay to be sad..."

" What makes you feel this way?..."

" Do you feel alone?..."

" I can't help you if you don't work with me, Cleo."

The loud sound of a body hitting the floor from the apartment beneath her unfortunately wakes Cleo from her sleep. She sits up in bed and holds her head in her hands. She lets out a heavy sigh as she just sits there with her eyes closed, but upon feeling fur against her arms, she opens her eyes. She looks down at the black cat in front of her and feels a smile being painted across her lips. She gently pets Ana as she purrs in her lap.

After her attention bar has been filled, Ana jumps off of her lap and scurries straight into the kitchen. Cleo takes the hint and throws the covers off of her legs and gets out of bed.

Ana jumps onto the counter top, sits down, and waits patiently as Cleo yawns and enters the kitchen

Ana jumps onto the counter top, sits down, and waits patiently as Cleo yawns and enters the kitchen. She grabs a small bowl and a can of tuna. She opens the can and places the contents into the bowl and sets it right next to Ana's bowl of water. As Ana eats her breakfast, Cleo makes some for herself. She mixes together hot water with ground coffee and sugar in the copper pot and turns up the heat on the stove until it's ready to be poured into her cup. From her shelves she grabs one apple and a single piece of bread. She pops it in the toaster for a couple minutes, and once it pops out she lathers it in butter.

She enjoys her breakfast while being accompanied by the sounds of Soad Hunsy playing on her record player. The Arabic lyrics dance through the air and fill her ears, reminding her of her home land.

All the way from her bedroom does she hear her alarm going off, telling her it's time to start getting ready. She takes one last sip of coffee before walking into the bathroom. She turns on the water and rids herself of her clothes and steps into the hot, steamy confine.

 She turns on the water and rids herself of her clothes and steps into the hot, steamy confine

She lathers her hair in shampoo and conditioner and scrubs her body with her yellow loofah. She tilts her head back, enjoying the feeling of the water dripping down her body and wrapping her in a warm hug. She feels herself slipping down further and further, her subconscious trying to take over, seeming ever so welcoming.