15

THUD

Steven groans as his head lifts up from the green grass, blood spilling from his lips and his jaw dislocated and swollen. His eyes look around precariously as he cries out in pain as his jaw somehow puts itself back together, as if it was never broken.

" Oh that was weird. What happened?" He asks no one in particular, " What was that?"

Steven groans as he stands up, noticing a slight pain in his legs. He looks down at his body and doesn't recognize the clothes he wears, then looks directly in front of him and doesn't recognize where he is. Somewhere in the Alps, perhaps, but he's definitely not in London anymore.

" GO BACK TO SLEEP, WORM."

" Hello?" Steven calls out, spinning around as if to greet the origin of the voice.

" YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE."

" Yep, I completely agree," He says, eyes still searching, " Where are you?"

" SURRENDER THE BODY TO MARC."

" Sorry, what?" Steven asks as his mind tries to wrap around what he's hearing, " The body... what? Surrender the body? What body?"

" OH, THE IDIOT'S IN CONTROL."

The voice sounds pained and filled with annoyance.

Steven reaches into his coat pocket and feels something inside. He wraps his hand around the object and pulls out a small golden scarab filled with intricate details and markings. He holds it in his palm as his head straightens, but the hairs on his body all stand up as he feels an unearthly presence behind him. Steven quickly spins around, but only sees an empty field.

His eyes see a rather large and very old castle beside him, so he turns to face it

His eyes see a rather large and very old castle beside him, so he turns to face it. His head rolls up and up till he reaches the top of the castle where only one window lay open. He's greeted with another man staring down back and him, and he does the only thing he could possibly think of.

" Hello," Steven waves, and oddly enough, the man waves back, " Hiya."

But then, another man appears in the window and scolds the other for being distracted. They pull out their guns as if to shoot, and Steven freezes. He holds his hands up as if to say he's not a threat, but they fire regardless.

" DON'T JUST STAND THERE, RUN!"

Steven fails his arms as he does his best to dodge the bullets. He manages to run away from the castle and down a hill of dirt into a field of red roses. The men continue to chase after him, firing away but never able to land a single shot. Steven exclaims as the bullets start getting closer to him, and he hides behind a bush as if it were bulletproof. His whimpers make it easy for him to be followed as he descends down into the local town, hoping that the men will stop trying to kill him with the influx of witnesses.