•Chapter Twenty-One•

•Sonic's POV:•
"Knuckles.. look." I pointed towards the island, the red anthropomorphic echidna raised his head and looked towards it, a grin growing across his face, "bingo." Knuckles stood up as I looked up to him with a face showing confusion, "Amy, I know your in your feels right now but we're at the idle island." Knuckles stood under Amy who remained in the sky, she slowly turned her head towards the island before going back into a ball. "Sonic.. I welcome you to- lalotai." Knuckles turned around menacingly, "what.. Lalotai.. the place full of monsters? How do you know your.. things are here again?" I asked, "gloves is what I need, Hammer is what Amy needs. And we know they're here because there's this ginormous buzzkill who would love to take our things as his trophies." Knuckles stared off towards the island, I felt something nudge me and I looked down seeing Tails, I smiled down at him and picked him up, "can Tails join us?" I asked, Knuckles coughed up a laugh and looked down towards me, "us? Who's us? It'll just be me and Amy, you can sit here and watch Tails until we get back, because the amount of times I've had to stuff that thing into the compartment trying not to stand on him!" Knuckles shook his head as he looked up and began to talk with Amy, probably trying to calm her down. I looked down at Tails, "so that's where you've been, I've been so caught up with.. them i didn't even realise you were gone." I gave an apologetic smile with a small shrug as Tails looked at me offended, "I'll repay you with some fish." I suggested, Tails began to think before nodding and wagging his tails, "how long until we get to the Island?" I heard Amy whisper.. just loudly.. would you call it a whisper? I dunno.
I looked outwards, "probably around 20 minutes if not less." I answered, "I didn't ask you." Amy snarled, I narrowed my eyes as I grabbed the fishing hook out of the compartment, "look Amy, I love you but as a friend. I cannot help being gay. I just don't like woman in that kind of way." I rolled my eyes, throwing the hook out into the sea once I put some bait on it, "oh! So you like Knuckles?" Amy raised a brow as my eyes widened and I looked to her as though she was dumb as hell.. to which she kinda is at this point, "what?! No! I don't just go crushing on any man I see!... unlike you.." I whispered the last part, wanting this conversation to be over before I start hating her, "look Amy, do you support me or not?" I asked, turned away and it was silent for a bit, before "yes. I do support you but.. I just don't want to talk to you at the moment." She sighed as I rolled my eyes once again, "you do you I guess." I shrugged, I felt a tug at the fishing hook and pulled on it, "awesome two fish at one go! Decent looking sized ones as well." I cheered, "now's not the time to eat buddy." Knuckles said, "it's not for me." I said I'm laying the fish down in front to Tails as he lunged into the fish.

I looked out into the distance where the island was.

12 more minutes left...