•Chapter Nineteen•

Short chapter but it gets the book rolling a bit

•Sonic's POV:•
"Thanks Knuckles" I thanked the red demi-god as he handed me a dead fish. We had landed on an island and decided to rest there for a bit, Amy had gone to collect wood as I was assigned to cook the fish Knuckles will bring me, so far I only had two.
"What are we going to use as plates?" I asked knuckles all he did was shrug, "leafs." He plainly said. "Of course, I'll go get them." I said standing up and going towards a bunch of tree's, they were all small leaves so I had to walk further into the forest, I jumped over a tree stump and looked to my left, smiling when I spotted 26 large leaves hanging off of one tree branch, except the branch was quite high.. and I was quite.. small.
I looked around and and noticed some strong branches poking out towards the area I needed to be, all that had to be done was a bit of parkour. I ran to the branch and jumped onto it, I jumped on 3 more that was closer towards the leafs. Once I got to the last branch I went on my tiptoes and reached for the leafs, only to no avail. I sighed disappointingly and rubbed my hands together, "looks like I gotta go old school." I backed up and then ran off of the branch and onto the actual tree, holding onto it for dear life, I gritted my teeth and began to climb up with little help from the tree I had.
Finally I made it to the top, my hands were scraped, I hosted myself up by my legs and grabbed onto the 3 large leafs and began to tug on them, it was tuff and stuck to its branch pretty well, I put more strength into it and finally snapped them off, but one downfall.. quite literally. The action made me slip and I yelped when I felt the cold air crashing at my back, I closed my eyes and waited for the impact.

*CRACK*

A loud crack echoed through the forest, but thankfully it wasn't from me, but from an abandoned nest that had fallen in the ground, it seemed to have cushioned my fall and I was more than great-full for that.
I stood up and rubbed my stiff back, I rushed out of the forest and to where Amy and Knuckles would be and there they were looking around in a rush, Amy was the first to see me, "Oh! Sonic! We heard a loud snap and got worried?! Are you okay?! Are you hurt?" She asked running to me and checking me over, "yeah yeah.. I'm fine.. I just got us some.." I looked up at the 'camp' and already saw 3 medium sized leafs there waiting for us to use it, my eye twitched, " I got us some pillow's?" I smiled awkwardly. Amy smiled gratefully, "good good. Now c'mon! I feel like I haven't ate anything in 10 thousand years." Amy cheered, I went to the 'camp' and set the leafs down under my foot so they don't fly away, I grabbed the now three large fish, "have they're things been-?" I was hoping knuckles understood what I meant, "yes I took they're insides out if that's what you mean." Knuckles was tapping his foot, I nodded and shoved 3 sticks Amy got down the fishes throat and put them each over the fire, waiting for them to cook.

Soon enough we all ate and went to bed.