Chapter 8

It is Jisoo and Lisa's turn to go into the vents. It has been what? 5 days? Everybody is weak and tired. They carefully walk into the vents. While they are on their shift, Lisa talks to her to pass time.

"Jisoo-ah. I wanted to say... I like you." Lisa says in a small voice.

"I-" The suddenness of this startles Jisoo.

"Before you say anything, you might not like me back-" Lisa interrupts.

Jisoo kisses Lisa on her lips, not letting her finish her sentence. 

"I-" Lisa was surprised.

Jisoo covers Lisa's mouth. The men in the office were talking.

"Boss, should we go now?" One of them asked a masked men.

"Tell all our people to come. Prepare the molotovs." Said the boss.

"You should go warn the others, I'll stay here." Lisa says.

Jisoo nods in agreement and goes through the vents again to warn the others. Suddenly, when she was warning the other people, the fire alarm goes off. Smokes starts bursting in. Jisoo climbs back into the vents to rescue Lisa out. They cough, the smoke is catching up.

"Go, I'm going to make sure nobody's in any of the other classrooms." Jisoo said.

"But... I can't leave you..." Lisa cried.

"Just go... I'll be out quick." Jisoo comforted Lisa.

Lisa runs out of the building. Jisoo hears crying from one of the classrooms. She finds a young girl student with a broken ankle, and a boy beside the student. Jisoo helps the girl. The fire spreads extremely quickly. The 3 students cough. The smoke catches up to them. Jisoo's foot gets stuck from a wooden structure which fell from the ceiling.

"Go..." Jisoo tells the students. 

The students hesitantly gets out without Jisoo.

Jisoo finally gets her foot unstuck. She limps outside to safety. There, paramedics helps her get on the ambulance. The next thing Jisoo knows, she is in the ambulance with Lisa, the 2 students she saved and a few other students in the classroom. The 2 students keeps thanking Jisoo.

Jisoo slowly loses consciousness from all the smoke she inhaled. Her head rests on Lisa's shoulder. Lisa takes care of her until they arrived at the hospital.