Chapter 5

Lisa notices that Jisoo's hand is trembling. Lisa holds Jisoo's hand. They lock eyes for a moment, just like the day they first met. They both blush. They hear footsteps coming to the direction of their classroom. A person outside breaks the window. The window shatters. Everybody in the room manages to stay silent.

The voice of the person becomes clearer. 

"I don't think anybody's inside this room." A voice from outside says. 

The footsteps slowly fades away.

The shattered glass causes Jisoo to have a cut on her hand, and for a few other students to have minor injuries. 

Lisa finds a scarf in her bag and wraps Jisoo's cut. The pain causes Jisoo to flinch.

"Students, get some rest. And only eat your food and drink your water if you cannot stand it anymore, I am going to go outside and check if we can escape." The teacher announces in a tiny voice, not wanting to be heard by the invaders. The teacher walks out before the students barricade the doors again. 

Suddenly, the students hear gunshots not far away, followed by a scream from their teacher's voice. The students cover their mouths and whimpers quietly.

They hear another set of footsteps, this time the footsteps stops in the classroom beside them. Then, they hear a few more gunshots and a bunch of screaming caused by the students in the other classroom. 

Everybody in this classroom is shocked. Nobody dares to even breath, not even a small, tiny noise.

They hear the same set of footsteps walking away.

Everybody sighs out of relief, but still remains extremely quiet. 

Time passes by, everyone is cold and tired. Chaeyoung and Jennie is already asleep, using their backpacks as their pillow. The wind is coming through the shattered window. Jisoo feels extremely cold, she is shivering. She pulls her backpack aside and takes out a jacket. The jacket is thin, Jisoo decides to wear it anyways. She leans against the wall, beside Lisa. Before she knows it, she passes out from the cold.