Chapter 20: Oiled Machine (Bonus Chapter)

[Two Weeks Later]

"WE'VE BEEN SHOT! REMEMBER THAT I LOVE YOU!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SOMEONE SHOT THE JET!?"

"WE'RE LITERALLY FALLING OUT THE SKY! HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON!?"

"BOTH OF YOU, SHUT UP!" Kat barked.

Both ninjas immediately snapped their mouths and turned to their leader.

Kat scowled, turning the jet slightly north. "We're not falling out of the sky. This is a controlled crash. You'll be fine if you would simply sit in your seats and strap down."

Karai and Leo quickly sat down.

"Good. Leo, read me the mission parameters again." Kat ordered.

"Um, is right now really the best time for you to stop focusing on saving my life?" He asked slowly.

Kat took her hands off the steering device and turned to stare at him. Leo glanced at it worriedly.

"Uh, Kat..." The jet started to nosedive. "Kat...."

She stared.

"Read the parameters!" Karai smacked him in the back of the head.

Leo fumbled around before quickly beginning to read them again. Kat nodded in satisfaction and went back to piloting the jet.

"Brace yourself." Kat stated calmly about halfway through.

The jet started to hit the ground, the bottom of it screeching loudly and being torn at by hard yellow rocks.

There was a moment of silence after it landed before the three of them stood up and stumbled out.

Kat glanced at her phone. "Head west. We overshot the destination by a quarter of a mile."

"We overshot or we got shot?" Karai joked.

Kat rolled her eyes and pulled out a giant electronic rocket launcher. "Very funny."

"Watch it, Karai, Kat might fry you with that." Leo chuckled.

"Oh please, I wouldn't waste this on someone so tiny." Kat scoffed.

They neared the mouth of a cave and Kat handed her second in command the weapon. "Stay here."

Kat walked forward cautiously, her eyes searching every crevice of the walls before landing on large, but shallow, indentions in the ground.

Giant footprints and tire tracks. She smirked.

"Bingo."

Kat went further into the cave and stopped when her eyes landed on a group of vehicons mining energon crystals.

Kat moved forward, walking lithely next to the walls, bending in almost perfectly with the shadows as she scopped out the rest of the cave.

Her comm buzzed and Kat reached up to receive the transmission.

"Omega Team to Sensei. We've reached the mouth of the cave and rendezvous with Alpha Team." One of her ninjas announced.